Regulatory Associate – New Grad (On-site, Montreal)
Kepler is on a Mission to bring the internet to space.
Kepler is on a Mission to bring the internet to space. Incorporated in 2015, Kepler’s guiding star is to enable the space economy through the creation of a communication network in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) that will provide connectivity services to other space missions, be they on orbit in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 19 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team! Based out of our HQ in Toronto and with an office in the UK and a newly formed office in the US we are building towards a truly global company delivering a product for the whole world.
We invest heavily to deliver the best products to our customers, and so we’re on the hunt for a top-tier Regulatory Associate – New Grad who will be responsible for maintaining Regulatory functions related to Export Controls, Controlled Goods Security, and Interference Coordination agreements.
- Support Kepler’s coordination and regulatory agreements.
- Support Kepler in complying with international exports and regulations.
- Work with licensing procedures and regulatory agreements within the commercial satellite industry to acquire operational rights around the world.
- Draft responses to public consultations and educate regulators about Kepler’s upcoming services.
- BS / BA in Law, or Engineering, (Math, Physics, Aerospace) or other relevant degree.
- Internship or 1+ years of experience in National and/or International Space Law, Space or Satellite Regulations/Engineering, or Telecommunications.
- Meticulous and organized with proven ability to handle exceptionally large volumes of information; acute attention to detail is required for success in this role.
- Exposure to any of the following: National export regulations, Controlled Goods Regulations, ITAR Regulations, Satellite regulations or licensure, radiofrequency spectrum regulations/engineering, or other telecom regulations/engineering.
- Intermediate skill level of Microsoft Word and Excel (i.e., awareness / understanding of themes, document templates, fields, formatting).
- Mature and precise written English communication skills. Applicant should be comfortable with drafting polished formal correspondence to external parties, or simple legal documents.
- For legal backgrounds: familiarity with foundational math and physics concepts (e.g. having completed at least one university-level course in either subject).
- For science backgrounds: familiarity with foundational legal principles or public formal drafting.
- Existing ability to work in Canada.
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.