Satellite Spectrum Expert – Licensing and Lobbying
Kepler is on a Mission to bring the internet to space.
Kepler is on a Mission to bring the internet to space. Incorporated in 2015, Kepler’s guiding star is to enable the space economy through the creation of a communication network in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) that will provide connectivity services to other space missions, be they on orbit in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 19 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team! Based out of our HQ in Toronto and with an office in the UK and a newly formed office in the US we are building towards a truly global company delivering a product for the whole world.
We invest heavily to deliver the best products to our customers, and so we’re on the hunt for a top-tier Satellite Spectrum Specialist – Licensing and Lobbying who will be responsible for maintaining Regulatory functions related to Export Controls, Controlled Goods Security, and Interference Coordination agreements.
- Spacecraft market access and earth station spectrum licensing.
- Lobbying of satellite rule-making bodies, targeted at ensuring the operability of Kepler’s MSS, FSS and ISL projects.
- Coordination of ITU filings; including preparation, tracking, and maintaining a database relating to Kepler’s coordination and regulatory agreements.
- Conduct detailed National and International security screens for new Kepler employees.
- Ensure documentation for Kepler’s international exports is cleared and certified in accordance with local and foreign customs procedures.
- Handle protected or confidential information (personal, commercial, industrial, or military).
- Work with government contracts and regulatory agreements within the commercial space satellite industry.
- BS / BA in Law, or Engineering, (Math, Physics, Aerospace) or other relevant degree.
- 3+ years of experience in Space or Satellite Regulations, including exposure to FCC consultations and licensing, or 5+ years in Telecommunications.
- Meticulous and organized with proven ability to handle exceptionally large volumes of information; acute attention to detail is required for success in this role.
- Exposure to radio-frequency spectrum regulations is required, along with an understanding of link-budgets and their fundamental components.
- Advanced skill level with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Mature and precise written communication skills. Applicant should be versed with drafting polished formal correspondence to external parties, as well as legal documents.
- Experience with operating with a large degree of autonomy and independently assuring their work is both organized and maintained in a finished quality, suitable for external sharing.
- Fluent in a second language; German, French or Spanish.
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.