We are on a mission to build the Internet in Space
Kepler is on a Mission to bring the internet to space. Incorporated in 2015, Kepler’s guiding star is to enable the space economy through the creation of a communication network in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) that will provide connectivity services to other space missions, be they on orbit in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 19 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team! Based out of our HQ in Toronto and with an office in the UK and a newly formed office in the US we are building towards a truly global company delivering a product for the whole world.
As a Kepler Senior Program Manager, you will own top level program execution and implement high-level program initiatives to drive our Aether mission forward and maintain our upward trajectory of success and growth. Ultimately, if you are motivated by the desire to optimize productivity and nurture program success from inception to completion; you are flexible and adaptive to a fast-paced and rapidly evolving work environment.
As Senior Program Manager you will lead and support satellite communications programs that span the full product lifecycle from concept through deployment (including hardware, software, and firmware).
- As a leader, you will have a strong talent for project coordination and delegation.
- You will lead a cross-functional program team to meet technical, schedule and budget requirements.
- Working with functional managers and technical project managers to identify, secure and onboard resources for the program.
- Identifying any barriers to successful program execution and escalating as appropriate.
- Generating/managing program schedule and identifying milestones.
- Driving and tracking progress against program milestones.
- Conducting internal and external program meetings while also tracking and following-up with action items.
- Identify and manage program risks and opportunities, including prioritization, mitigation, escalation, and resolution.
- Working closely with the supply chain to ensure supply requirements are met throughout the lifecycle of the program.
- Ability to be rigorous about process, coaching and guiding to get teams to align and move forward.
- Work as the primary POC to customers (internal and external) and be accountable to meeting customer needs.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or relevant technical field.
- 7+ years of experience in Program Management in a high reliability environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with managing complex development programs
- Experience maintaining and reporting on program cost and budgets.
- Knowledge and / or experience in Program Management for Space.
- Successful experience supporting programs in a rapid development environment.
- Experience with Transition to Production.
- Master of Business Administration.