Kepler is on a Mission to bring the internet to space. Incorporated in 2015, Kepler’s guiding star is to enable the space economy through the creation of a communication network in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) that will provide connectivity services to other space missions, be they on orbit in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 15 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team! Based out of our HQ in Toronto and with an office in the UK and a newly formed office in the US we are building towards a truly global company delivering a product for the whole world.
We’re on the hunt for a top-tier System Administrator.
Here is a little more detail on what you can expect to work on:
- Deployment and training of new software and applications.
- Technical documentation of IT policies and processes.
- Administration and maintenance of Linux and Windows servers.
- Monitoring server performance and troubleshooting issues as needed.
- Maintaining backup/restore, business continuity and disaster recovery procedures.
- Implementing software and security upgrades, as necessary.
- Provide desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems.
- Onboarding new hires with equipment and proper account access.
- Will be required to be in the office to complete tasks and duties.
- Ability to support on-call shifts and travel to the office as part of a team rotation.
- Post-secondary education in IT or a suitable combination of education and experience
- 3+ years full-time (or significant professional/personal) experience as a systems administrator.
- Thorough understanding of networking technologies and protocols, and networking technologies as applied in a business/office environment.
- Experience Windows in a working environment.
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions like Nagios, Zabbix, Prometheus, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Ambitious and highly self-motivated with an ability to work through competing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Must be flexible, hands on and able to work in a fast paced, high pressure and collaborative environment.
- Experience with Linux in a working environment.
- Experience with Docker/containers
- Working experience of writing scripts
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.