We are on a mission to build the Internet in Space
Kepler is on a Mission to bring the internet to space. Incorporated in 2015, Kepler’s guiding star is to enable the space economy through the creation of a communication network in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) that will provide connectivity services to other space missions, be they on orbit in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 19 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team! Based out of our HQ in Toronto and with an office in the UK and a newly formed office in the US we are building towards a truly global company delivering a product for the whole world.
We invest heavily to deliver the best products to our customers, and so we are on the hunt for a top-tier Network Architect who will take over our networking design and implementation for our Internet in Space ambition.
- Develop network architecture including requirements for network hardware and software
- 5+ years with BGP, MPLS, ISIS, and/or OSPF.
- 5+ years working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- 5+ years experience with OpenFlow, Open vSwitch, SwitchDev, or similar network virtualization experience.
- Provide input into networking requirements for Kepler satellite and gateway design, analyzing requirements for consistency, technical feasibility and costs
- Evaluate, select, implement and test network technology. This may include:Writing client and/or server software including applications, applets, servlets, and scripts
- Building mock networks to test proof of concept and for CI/CD pipeline
- Loading software on switches and routers and configuring them
- Other network or standalone systems development work as required
- Monitor network performance; ensuring equipment is working properly, and solve network connectivity and performance issues
- Provide on-call support, working nights and weekends in order to upgrade/replace network hardware and software in order to limit the disruption to the service
- Document systems for IT and operations team. This may include electronic or paper publication of software designs, implementation documentation, user documentation, and reports regarding designs and costs
- Minimum 6+ years of relevant experience, minimum 1 year in a senior position
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with a minor or specialization in computer or telecommunications networks
- Experience with OpenFlow or similar SDN technology and ability to bring up and maintain an SDN controller
- Experience with SD-WAN, MPLS, or similar technologies
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting
- Masters or PhD in related field
- Experience with Ansible and/or Kubernetes Experience with Docker
- Experience with git
- Experience with Python
- Experience with 3GPP standards and protocols X2, S1, etc