Kepler is on a Mission to bring the internet to space.
Incorporated in 2015, Kepler’s guiding star is to enable the space economy through the creation of a communication network in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) that will provide connectivity services to other space missions, be they on orbit in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 15 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team! Based out of our HQ in Toronto and with an office in the UK and a newly formed office in the US we are building towards a truly global company delivering a product for the whole world.
As part of Kepler’s expansion into the United States, Kepler is looking for an experienced professional to own our Government Sales initiatives in the United States. Experience demonstrated through a track record of successful sales and contract awards with the US Government or gained through working within a branch, department, or agency of the US Government (Department of Defense, NASA, etc.), or a combination of both, is sought for this role.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing sales with various branches of the US Government, at both the federal and state level. A track record of successfully selling into government departments and branches where purchasing decisions are made, and understanding how new products, platforms, and tools are rolled out in public sector environments will be essential. Partnering effectively with both external and internal resources will be critical in this position.
- 15+ years of experience in negotiating and managing US government contracts from the buy or sell side.
- Understanding of relevant government procurement mechanisms and processes.
- Strategic Planning for opportunities, capabilities, campaign development based on customer budgets, market & competitor landscape.
- Passionate and entrepreneurial with expertise in new business development, proposal preparation, costing, and pricing analysis.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding business area revenue, margin, cash targets, and organic and new business growth.
- Developing sales strategies and influencing internal teams to deliver successful solutions by teaming, partnership, and forging strategic alliances as required to secure government contract opportunities.
- Works collaboratively across the company and with industry partners to help establish operational and tactical goals.
- Ability to communicate, educate and evangelize both internally and externally.
- Creative problem solving with strong analytical skills.
- ***Must be a U.S. citizen and eligible for a U.S. Government security clearance***
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology, or related business field
- 15+ years in sales, business development, or related work experience
- A current or recent Top Secret (TS/SI) security clearance
- Master’s degree in business or technology preferred
- 20+ years in sales, business development planning in satellite communications, satellite technology, space/on-orbit platforms, or space technology
- Direct experience working with one or more of USSF, NASA, NOAA, NSF, SDA, AFRL either on behalf of technology-based government contractors or within the government organization
- Deep domain knowledge of TDRSS and experience working with the NASA Space Communications Network and Satellite Ground Network
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We welcome applications from women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT, and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs to be known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.