Keysight Technologies, Inc. is a leading technology company that helps its engineering, enterprise and service provider customers accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world. Customers span the worldwide communications ecosystem, aerospace and defense, automotive, energy, semiconductor and general electronics end markets.
As an expert level engineer within the product development team, your primary role is responsible to lead and develop of FPGA/CPLD design for Keysight test & measurement instrument. Design activities involving in microprocessor and micro-controller base subsystem, DSP, glue logic, functional specific, IO interface design, high speed memory interface, multi-clock domain & PLLs block design. You will also be involving in hardware circuit design as secondary role.
You are required to work closely with hardware, mechanical, software (application and embedded) engineers within the development team to define and optimize the FPGA/CPLD system design to maximize the performance and quality with minimum cost.
Typical activities require for this job are:
- Work with System Architect or design lead to define and develop instrument system architecture according to product specifications and scopes.
- Lead in designing and developing FPGA/CPLD design for Keysight test and measurement instrument.
- Occasionally you will need to involve in Hardware circuit design depending on the nature of project.
- Develop test solution and characterizing hardware prototype to ensure the design meeting required specifications.
- Work closely with project manager to ensure hardware design meeting the intended system performance, project cost and schedule
- Regularly leading the design team in system hardware/FPGA and software integration project.
- Conduct investigation and feasibility study during the early stage of Product Life Cycle.
- Provide technical expertise to support customer service and manufacturing engineering teams to ensure all NPIs are having proper engineering supports.
- Promote good design practice and optimize reusable design block.
- Experience in using EDA tools (eg. LTspice, PSpice, Hyperlynx, Mathlab, Xilinx ISE/Vivado, Intel Quartus and others) for design simulation and verification.
- Play actively role in refining and improve hardware design process.
- Develop hardware design document to promote consistent design practices and process.
- Ph.D/Master/Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering
- Good understanding and experience in whole product development cycle.
- Good working experiences in performing hardware and software system integration tasks.
- Strong knowledge and experiences in fundamental analog and mixed signal circuit design and troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge in signal analysis and implementing efficient DSP block in FPGA.
- Good experience in using EDA design tool such as LTspice, Hyperlynx, Mathlab, Xilinx ISE/Vivado, Altera Quartus for circuit simulation and synthesis.
- Good working knowledge in programming languages such as, Agilent VEE, C, C++, C#.
- Demonstrate the ability as a good team player, working independently, self-motivated with consistent drive to improve hardware design and design processes.
- Experience in leading a design team to complete several projects.
- Good organizational, planning and communication skills.
- Good command in written and spoken English skill.
- Experience in hardware circuit design.
- Minimum 7 years of FPGA design experience.