In the era of the advent of NewSpace and IoT (Internet of Objects), CNES (French Space Agency) and CLS (Collecte, Location, Satellites) created Kinéis in 2019 to democratize ARGOS technology and expand to the entire IoT market. Kinéis is convinced that providing easy and everywhere access to useful satellite data will simplify and multiply the uses of professionals and individuals
Kinéis is recruiting an Expert in Space Telecommunications
Do you have solid scientific knowledge in satellite telecommunications and radio signal processing? Are you interested in the world of IoT and the evolution of low-speed satellite telecommunications?
Take part in the launch of a new constellation and the adventure of spatial connectivity to connect millions of connected objects!
Research and development on low bandwidth telecommunication systems for IOT
- Review of terrestrial IoT systems (LoRaWAN / LTE-M / NB-IoT) and assessment of their potential use for satellite links
- Analysis of changes in the proposed standards (Lora-E / NB-IoT by satellite)
- Exploration of new modulations and protocols adapted to satellite IoT
- Exploration of access strategies compatible with satellite telecommunications (pure ALOHA, bidirectional protocols, etc.)
- Mock-up of communication links and protocol via the creation of a system simulator (link balance,
- Doppler, latency, environmental noise, capacity)
- Exploration of possible optimizations: SIC, multi-antenna, beam-forming, channeling, new frequency bands.
- Active watch on the satellite IOT ecosystem and assembly of files for prospective projects (in-orbit demonstrator, systems studies, etc.)
Monitoring of satellite IOT projects and pre-projects
- Assessment of strengths / weaknesses, performance estimation, technical potential of the competition, complementarity with the KINEIS offer.
- Editing of studies or demonstration files in orbit within the framework of ESA, CE, France or Region funding, CNES or partnership with existing or emerging satellite IOT players.
- Proposal of R&D actions on future IOT systems and future generations of on-board instruments.
- Participation in the work of 3GPP aimed at standardizing waveforms adapted to IoT connectivity by satellite;
- Participation in standardization work or standardization of IoT protocols by satellite with ETSI or other standardization bodies.