The Space & Surveillance (DSS) division is a division of Kongsberg Defense & Aerospace AS. The division supplies a wide range of systems and electronics to launch vehicles and spacecraft, as well as ground stations and services related to the processing of satellite data. The division has 500 employees and is Scandinavia's largest in space operations. We deliver to customers in more than 40 countries.
Kongsberg Defense & Aerospace AS – Spacetec in Tromsø is part of DSS, and is an internationally leading developer and supplier of ground stations for Earth observation satellites. We perform system development, integration, training and support for national and international customers. Our strategy is to develop advanced modular and scalable system solutions for the most demanding customers in a high-tech market.
We are currently 60 skilled employees in Tromsø, and we need more enthusiastic, skilled and committed developers who can contribute to creating new future-oriented solutions for processing data from Earth observation satellites. You will be part of a team where you contribute to the development, management and testing of satellite systems used by NASA and the European Space Agency, among others.
We are looking for software developers for driver and hardware-related development for our ground station products.
- Hardware-near software development
- Programming in C
- Higher education in computer science, electronics or documented relevant practice
- Our development platform is Linux. Knowledge of Linux is a prerequisite
- Knowledge of communication protocols
- Knowledge of bus interfaces (incl. PCIe)
- Knowledge of radio systems is desirable
- Good English skills, both oral and written
- Analytical and targeted
- Structured and independent
- Good ability to contribute in teams
- Eager to acquire new knowledge and learn new things
- Ready to give the little extra it takes to succeed
We can offer
- International technological professional environment
- An industry in change and growth, with many exciting opportunities ahead of us
- Development opportunities for those who are on
- Competitive conditions and good insurance schemes, corporate cabins and corporate sports teams