Kongsberg Space & Surveillance provides a wide range of equipment, systems and services related to aerospace and maritime surveillance to customers in more than 40 countries. The portfolio includes equipment and components for Ariane 5 (heavy-lift launcher), satellites for earth observation and communications, and space probes for research use. The division is a world-leading provider of satellite ground stations for downloading and processing satellite data, and provides satellite ground station services in Svalbard, Antarctica and a variety of other areas. The division also provides maritime surveillance control systems that integrate land and satellite data use.
The Space & Surveillance (DSS) division is a division of Kongsberg Defense & Aerospace AS. The division supplies a wide range of systems and electronics to launch vehicles and spacecraft, as well as ground stations and services related to the processing of satellite data. The division has 500 employees and is Scandinavia’s largest in space operations. We deliver to customers in more than 40 countries.
Kongsberg Defense & Aerospace AS – Spacetec in Tromsø is part of DSS, and is an internationally leading developer and supplier of ground stations for Earth observation satellites. We perform system development, integration, training and support for national and international customers. Our strategy is to develop advanced modular and scalable system solutions for the most demanding customers in a high-tech market.
We are currently 60 skilled employees in Tromsø, and we need more enthusiastic, skilled and committed developers who can contribute to creating new future-oriented solutions for processing data from Earth observation satellites. You will be part of a team where you contribute to the development, management and testing of satellite systems used by NASA and the European Space Agency, among others.
We are looking for more skilled and committed system developers for the development and maintenance of our ground station products.
You will participate in development teams where you work with different phases within coding, testing and delivery of our Earth observation systems, including
- coding of subsystems for the reception and processing of satellite data
- configuration and integration of ground stations with different functionality
- testing and error correction
Depending on experience, competence and interests, you will also be able to contribute within
- software architecture
- user training
We work with many different technologies and programming languages depending on the type of task to be solved.
A good coder quickly learns new languages, but it is assumed that you can already be creative in at least one of the languages C, C ++, Java, Ruby, Python or HTML5.
- Higher education in informatics or documented relevant practice
- Experience in system development from studies or working life
- Our development platform is Linux. Knowledge of Linux is a prerequisite
- Structured, independent and targeted
- Quality conscious
- Eager to acquire new knowledge and learn new things
- Good ability to contribute in teams
- Ready to give the little extra it takes to succeed
We can offer
- International technological professional environment
- Development opportunities for those who are on
- Competitive conditions and good insurance schemes, corporate cabins and corporate sports teams
We are concerned with a balanced work environment, and therefore especially encourage women to apply.
Received applications are processed continuously.