At Kymeta we’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of where you sit in our organization.
Satellite communications can transform modern day communications as we know it and brings safety, security and new benefits to first responders, the military and to customers globally.
When you really need to be continuously connected – people depend on Kymeta. Because when lives and property matter, good isn’t good enough.
As we grow our manufacturing footprint and refine our manufacturing test infrastructure, we are seeking an experienced Production Test Engineering Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing Kymeta’s automated test equipment development, deployment, operation and maintenance at Kymeta’s in-house and remote production facilities. You will also have the opportunity to lead a team of experienced test engineers and production test technicians in ensuring all Kymeta antennas, terminals and accessories meet our rigorous product requirements and be responsible for the collaboration with our manufacturing partners to replicate/improve these systems as we scale to mass production. This is a hands-on management position with considerable opportunities at the individual contributor level. The successful candidate must possess excellent written and oral presentation skills along with seasoned judgment in executive communications. This position reports to the Director, Manufacturing Engineering.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruits, coaches, and develops organizational talent to build on our existing team of test engineering professionals
- Manages the lifecycle of test equipment development, deployment, operation and maintenance for Kymeta’s in-house and remote manufacturing facilities
- Creates a vision for and manages the deployment of a manufacturing test and production operations databases which supports factory metrics, audits and provides real-time data to manufacturing and product engineers for product improvements
- Coordinates with engineering and product management in the development of comprehensive test strategies during new product introduction
- Creates and manages test engineering department budget requests and expenditures
- Champions development of company-wide tools for data visualization and reporting
- Assists production personnel, champions continuous improvements on the manufacturing floor through Kaizen and other lean manufacturing tools
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum ten years’ experience in production test engineering leadership positions completing multiple new production introduction cycles
- Minimum ten years’ experience in electronics and tight-tolerance electro-mechanical assembly for medium to high volume manufacturing
- Expert knowledge of various manufacturing execution system (MES) packages and ERP implementations. Experience with selection and deployment of these systems highly desired
- Expert knowledge of Programming Languages (C#) and database management (SQL)
- Strong background in Lean six sigma and statistical analysis packages (e.g. Minitab or JMP) required. Black belt certification highly desired
- Able to lead cross-functional teams in root cause investigations using problem solving methods such as 8D
- Satellite communications and/or RF test experience highly desired
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. or higher in physics, electrical engineering, statistics or a related field required
As part of our hiring process we request that all applicants complete the Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment by clicking on this link: Link. The assessment will take ~5-10 minutes.
Kymeta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.