Opening the Door to a New Century of Knowledge
Content of job information:
- Mathematical foundation of data science such as machine learning, statistics, data processing, information theory, algorithm, optimization, etc., and its application to industry and sciences
- The successful candidate is expected to conduct research and supervision of students in the Graduate School of Information Science and Electrical Engineering for the topics presented in the item 4.
- He/she will also teach some courses in the ISEE, in Informatics Course of the Department of Physics, and/or in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Sciences.
- He/she is expected to concurrently serve as a researcher in Laboratory for Data Science Frontier Research (http://www.me.inf.kyushu-u.ac.jp/DSF/en).
- Associate Professor/Lecturer (full-time) level
- Trial employment period (Three months)
- Have a PhD or equivalent.
- Be enthusiastic in teaching and research.
- Able to teach, supervise, and give lectures in English.
- Annual salary system (started from April 1, 2020) will be applied. Base annual salary is determined based on professional experience, job responsibilities and other relevant factors along with the University’s related regulations.
Working hours, break time and overtime work
- 7 hours and 45 minutes per day based on discretionary labor system for professional work
- Saturday, Sunday, public holidays and from December 29 to January 3.
- Employment insurance, Industrial injury insurance, Health insurance, and Employee pension
- Curriculum vitae including the candidate’s profile photo, education after high school, work experience, academic society memberships, social activities, awards, and other particularly notable entries.
- A list of publications. Please categorize them based on the type of the publications such as peer-reviewed, proceedings of international conferences, tutorial papers, books, invited talks, patents, etc. Please also include all the coauthors.
- Copies of 5 selected papers of the candidate.
- A summary of the candidate’s current/past research and a research vision statement.
- Teaching Statement
- The candidate who belongs to a university must include a track record of securing research funding.
Please include the name of the funding, the title of the project, the information if you are the principal investigator or co-investigator, your affiliation, and the amount of the funding. The candidate who belongs to an industry must include the details of the research projects involved.