Southern Launch is developing the Whalers Way Orbital Launch Complex on the southern coastline of South Australia to address an identified emerging gap in the orbital rocket launch market.
You will be a key member of Southern Launch’s engineering team, ensuring that the launch facilities are designed, installed, commissioned and maintained in a way that meets all requirements for supporting customer launch vehicles.
You are a systems thinker but also able to dig into the details and get your hands dirty to make a solution work.
You take full responsibility for your work, independently seeking out all the resources and information you need to achieve success.
- Working closely with customer flight systems engineers to understand and document all ground segment requirements
- Support planning for launch campaign ground operations
- Support hazard and operability (HAZOP) studies
- Manage and oversee sub-contractors designing, installing or maintaining launch site plant and equipment
- Understand technical specifications of launch facilities plant and infrastructure
- Develop and execute test plans and inspection procedures for launch facilities equipment
- Troubleshoot electronics, communications, power, fluids and instrumentation systems
- Supporting member of launch operations team as required
- Support launch facility design studies for future launch customers
- Writing and maintaining manuals and procedures for launch facilities
- Follow requirements of, and contribute knowledge and processes to, Southern Launch’s quality management system
- Frequent and/or extended travel to launch facilities
- Bachelors of Engineering
- 5+ years working in an engineering role, with substantial portion of time responsible for project delivery
- Drivers license
- Must have, or be eligible to obtain, NV1 or higher Australian Government Security Clearance.
Other Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Experience working in a similar role at a major infrastructure site in another sector such as mining, petrochemicals, airports, ports, shipbuilding, etc.
- Experience working in remote locations
- Education or other knowledge in electrical systems
- Computer networking skills and experience
- Hands on experience with rockets or other flight test systems
- Risk & reliability experience
- Programming skills desirable
- Experience working under ISO 9001 or a similar quality management system
- Experience operating engineering CAD software