Blue Origin. As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will support the development, construction, operation and maintenance of Blue Origin’s launch facility in Van Horn, TX. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of engineering and project management position. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Design, plan, fabricate, install and operate cryogenic propellant systems
- Design, define, procure and install system components and materials; manage vendors and subcontractors
- Develop and execute test plans and procedures; perform subsequent data reduction and reviews
- Perform test operations, operate test consoles, schedule and direct technician work and coordinate with internal customers
- Understand and troubleshoot fluid and instrumentation systems
- Perform root cause analysis and failure investigations
- Perform system hazard analyses
- Supervise and perform facility maintenance
- Identify opportunities for safety improvements and cost savings
- B.S. degree in engineering and significant direct experience with testing or similar technical hands-on experience
- Strong ability and desire to understand complex systems, investigate and solve challenging problems, and work in a dynamic environment
- Analytical orientation and safety mindset
- Strong Project Management and team leadership skills
- Works well under pressure and takes initiative to improve existing systems, processes, and documentation
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in launch facility design, operations, and maintenance
- Working knowledge of pressurized gas systems, cryogenics, fluid systems, instrumentation and controls
- Working knowledge of a variety of rocket propellants, experience with cryogenic propellants preferred
- Understands/experience with hazardous operations and design for system safety
- 5 or more years’ experience in the design, development, and operation of test facilities or similar experimental research facilities
- Experience with civil engineering projects
- Experience with 3D CAD tools and data management
- Experience with test facility instrumentation and Data Acquisition and Control Systems
- Knowledge of the state of the art in data acquisition and control hardware and software
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices, fabrication and integration processes and quality control
- Proficiency in LabView, Python, MATLAB
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.