We are redefining how we access SPACE. The satellites of today are getting smaller, doing more and costing less � and thousands of them need to get on orbit. Small satellites have been promised frequent, reliable and affordable dedicated launch for decades. Rocket Lab is delivering on this with a tailored, responsive launch service operating right now.
This is a 3-4 month temporary position with potential to become permanent.
The Entry-level Law Clerk / Paralegal will perform legal administrative tasks and read & synthesize contracts, & enter contract attributes into the data management system.
The ideal candidate will be hardworking & professional with the ability to multitask & maintain a high level of organization.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience reading contracts Essential
- Experience reading contracts
- Experience with data entry
- Possess the ability to maintain a high level of organization
- Ability to handle administrative duties with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with document management systems a plus
- Recent Law Grad awaiting bar results or 2+ years as an experience paralegal at a law firm
- Experience with Infor Document Management or any document management system.
- Experience with data entry.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Contract Review / Data Entry
- Review contracts and determine contract attributes, such as party names, expiration dates, governing law, mediation clauses, etc.Contract Review / Data Entry
- Review contracts and determine contract attributes, such as party names, expiration dates, governing law, mediation clauses, etc.
- Upload contracts into data management system and designate attributes to each contract in the data management system.
- Such other responsibilities as designated by the legal department team members, including administrative tasks such as filing and photocopying.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.