Deploy space missions in seconds.
As a lead Embedded Systems Engineer at Kawa Space, you’ll have a chance to showcase your innovative embedded engineering skills and technical know-how in a start-up environment. We are looking for a versatile systems engineer who is eager to learn new things and will thrive in a dynamic work environment. The successful applicant for this role will have experience working with remotely based teams across a diverse, global business environment. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven’t been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on tens of millions of people.
As part of a small team, you will be responsible for the development and verification of the software components used in several mission computers on Kawa’s space systems. You will be responsible for the full life-cycle of various software components from requirements gathering, design, coding, testing, integration, and verification. You will work in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, contributing to innovative solutions while demonstrating personal leadership and technical competence.
The role requires travel within India, as well as occasional international travel.
- Develop embedded software solutions, control and planning algorithms, Image Processing.
- Participate in design reviews, development, and documentation.
- Work with new technologies that are vital to product development.
- Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development.
- Contribute to software design reviews, architecture reviews, and best practices.
- Can mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
- Comfortable taking initiative and working across teams.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand use-cases and gather requirements.
- Develop and support validation and verification plans to support software qualification.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or related fields.
- Excellent Understanding and Practical Knowledge of C Language (Structures, Pointers, RTOS Concepts etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of communication protocols like CAN, ARINC 429, TCP/IP, RS 232, SPI etc.
- Excellent knowledge of bare board programming.
- Excellent debugging skills (includes the usage of HW Debuggers like STLink, ULink etc.).
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills in the English Language.
- Good knowledge of any Scripting Language like bash, nodeJS, Python, TCL/TK etc..
- Experience with Satellite OBC and Flight Software.
- Experience with the following embedded skills: Python, Linux based development.
- Deep understanding of software/hardware integration considering issues such as time synchronization, data communication over a variety of networks, the interaction between device drivers and high-level algorithms, memory management, etc.
- Experience with software design, version/quality control, and handling large, complex and integrated software suits.
- Experience developing multi-threaded, multi-core and distributed real-time systems.
- Hands-on experience developing and debugging on embedded targets.
- Experience with Networking (ISO, IP, protocol design).
- Working knowledge of electrical design principles.
- Proficient in troubleshooting hardware and electrical component interactions. This includes troubleshooting communication, interference and power issues.
- Passion and understanding of new technology and digital trends in the mobile space.
- Data-driven and results-focused approach.
- Ability to take complex concepts and synthesize to be understood by the business.
- Proactive and resourceful, this is a role with autonomy and accountability.