OHB Italia is seeking for its Satellites Department in Milano or Rome for immediate start a Lead Satellite Systems Engineer.
- Technical management and coordination of the OHB-I project team
- Management of technical interfaces between involved system elements
- Analysis and preparation of high-level technical requirements specifications
- Definition and design of mission concepts and corresponding system architecture, incl. required trade-offs
- Definition of overall design, development and programmatic framework
- Technical management and involved systems engineering of satellite design activities down to subsystem level
- Interface control
- Engineering budgets
- End-to-end performance
- DDVP & AIV planning
- Satellite level specifications
- Interface specifications (payload, ground segment, launcher)
- Support specifications
Master’s degree or comparable in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Professional experience of several years in satellite engineering projects
- Professional experience in definition and design of Earth Observation systems
- Proven experience in technical and/or project management of Earth Observation projects
- Strong competences in space mission design, satellite systems engineering and spacecraft subsystem lay-out
- Profound knowledge of mission analysis and astrodynamics
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills
- Ability to devise creative solutions and think out-of-thebox
- High level of flexibility, willingness twork in international teams and ability tkeep tight schedules
- High motivation, pro-active working approach and strong sense of responsibility
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills
- Fluency in both spoken and written (Business) English, Italian skills are desirable
OHB Italia SpA is acknowledged as one of the leading medium size companies in Europe for space systems integration. It is part of a cluster of European enterprises operating in the aerospace business.
Founded in 1981, with headquarters in Milan and excellence centres in Italy, the company employs more than 180 qualified engineers & physicists.
OHB Italia has consolidated expertise, resources and facilities tcarry out manufacturing, integration, qualification and flight certification, with a role of Prime Contractor in different fields of activities.
Its success is due ta combination of technical expertise, innovative technologies and low cost solutions, which allow tgive customers easy access tspace.
The company operates both on the institutional and commercial markets.
Its main customers are space agencies, space authorities and large industrial groups.
Be sure to mention you found them at Careers In Space.