Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services.
Airbus DS SAS, Branch in Qatar
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Technical support and execution of change requests
To support the in country local support staff by:
- Be the focal point for all technical and system related topics. Provide the overall system view
- Be the main contact to the Customer´s NSS maintenance team from a Level 3 system perspective
- Be the main interface with the Airbus NSS Central Support team in Europe
- Lead the troubleshooting and resolution of system level incidents and problems
- Support the troubleshooting and resolution of subsystem level incidents and problems
- Lead the partial and full system restart events, ensuring full system availability after the restarts. Organize the subsystem teams during the restart and possible on the spot investigations.
- Work in accordance with the established ITIL incident and problem management processes, through adherence of these processes implemented in JIRA
- Ensuring that configuration and other system changes are undertaken through formal Change Management procedures
- Ensure the adherence to the Airbus Engineering processes
- Technically lead CCB´s and incident/problem review boards
- Ensure system knowledge, such as root cause analysis, new solutions to problems, and implementation results are documented and knowledge base is updated
- From a technical and system engineering perspective lead the execution of Change Requests, while maintaining the overall system stability and integrity, including
- Deployment of the Joint Operational Centre and it´s re-integration into the NSS system and establishing it as the main joint site.
- implementation of a manual switch capability between JOC and AJOC
- manual archiving of operational recordings
- Configuring/Testing of two additional sensor sites
- updating the firewall rules
- other approved changes (see below)
- Be an example of living the Airbus values
Promote safety and product regulatory compliance
- Review and Produce Technical documentation
Leading the Airbus response to change requests
To support the customer and Airbus sales by:
- Assessing and leading the response to customer change request
- Sense potential business opportunities in interactions with the customer
- Support the creation of an offer for the extension of the NSS ISS contract, for after 2022
- Lead the creation of priced proposals in response to customer change requests, including
- Acquire understanding of operational concepts and agreement of system requirements with the customer
- Design of the solution and impact assessment
- Risk assessment
- Cost baseline, engineering commitments and support the sales organisation with the overall proposal
Change proposals could be related to equipment and/or COTS software replacement due to obsolescence, system extensions (new working positions, additional OC, interfaces to other systems, new sensors, and an overall technology refresh/update of the NSS system).
- Interact with third party suppliers and help in creating statement of work, defining interfaces and requirements, creating proof-of-concept, conduct FAT etc.
Required knowledge, experience, skills
The following knowledge, experience and skills are required:
- Good interpersonal communication skills, ability to work in a team as a team
- Desire to learn about the NSS system
- Willingness to take responsibility for commitments
- Willingness to transfer knowledge to less or differently skilled team members in a non-judgemental manner
- Experience and skill to delegate tasks to others and providing support and follow up when needed
- Ability to function as technical thought leadership in conjunction with business unit, keeping Airbus long term business interest as the goal
- Ability to interact with the customer personnel based on integrity
- Good problem solving abilities and experience
- Highly experienced in working for large scale military System of Systems
- Experienced in leading System Integration, Verification and Validation on large scale, System-of-Systems project
- Experience with Change Management processes
- Education in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Communications
- Highly experienced in working at a large scale C4ISR( Command, Control, Communication, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance) System.
- Experience with Tracking and Surveillance Technologies (TERMA, BORA, AIS, VHF, DF, FLIR…)
- Experience in working with Supervision system.
- Experience in system engineering and design of large scale distributed systems
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and applications:
- Active Directory
- Linux and Windows operating systems
- Databases. Experience with Oracle is a plus
- Understanding of network
- Experience with hands-on system integration
- Ability to actively troubleshoot complex system incidents/ system-of-systems incidents
In addition to the above, the following knowledge, experience and skills are required:
- Experience with leading and writing Change proposals, solution design, impact assessment
- Experienced in requirements engineering
- Experience with and ability to plan, schedule, assign resources and make cost estimations
- Familiar with the Airbus Engineering organisation and processes
- Experience with Risk management
- Good knowledge of the overall BMS processes and in particular DEVELOP
- Experience with writing effective customer letters
- Familiar with Product Regulatory Compliance
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.