Our mission: to digitalize the space industry. Leanspace was founded by a group of international space experts. We are a fast-growing team of incredibly passionate people, dedicating their talent on a product that will greatly impact the space industry. We are building a digital platform that allows public and private space organisations to streamline their space missions – drastically reducing their costs and increasing their agility.
Not your typical company.
Do you want to play an instrumental role in a high-tech environment? Do you want to contribute to open the new frontier and enable new businesses to appear in Space? Do you get a kick out of imagining colonies on the Moon or Mars?
We are a space startup founded by a team of international space experts with the mission to transform the tools and engineering processes used to manage space missions. We are building a first-of-its-kind product, at the crossroads of cloud & software technologies, new space engineering concepts, digital transformation and innovative commercial models. We are still operating in stealth mode so details are not public, but we will tell you more, face-to-face, during the interview.
We are based at the International Space University campus, near Strasbourg, where we are building a vibrant team of enthusiastic folks. Come join us!
To support our fast growth, we are looking for a top talent to support the financial and administrative operations of our company. A key position within the organisation, you will report directly to the CEO and be the backbone of our business.
Your mission at Leanspace:
- Perform the day-to-day accounting functions of the business, including Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable
- Prepare for, manage and support financial audits
- Process payroll, and perform salary payments
- Work with external support (accountants, lawyers) to ensure compliance with tax, social and other applicable laws and regulations – for our operations in France, Germany (and more in the future)
- Contribute in proposal writing (grants, tenders) for the financial and administrative aspects
- Act as our office manager: organise and coordinate day-to-day office operations
- Support recruitment activities by overseeing the full-cycle of recruitment efforts, organising interviews and handling candidates
- Support new hire orientation and onboarding efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent.
- A positive can-do attitude. You are a genuinely nice person that wants to help others
- Hands-on experience performing financial duties, specially accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll
- Ability to work autonomously with the right attention to detail
- Comfortable with office-based and remote employees
- Great work ethic and can handle confidentiality
- Fluent in French and English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Based in, or willing to relocate to the Strasbourg area (including nearby German or Swiss cities)
- Fluent in German
- Experience with tax, social and business regulations in France, Germany, and other European countries
- Knowledge of product-led growth and track record in a product-led organisation
- Experience in setting up and/or improving financial and business operations processes in an organisation
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
Why you’ll love this job
Your work will shape the future of the space economy, how cool is that? You’ll do this surrounded by a team of incredibly curious and passionate people who are driving a product that will dramatically impact the entire space industry.
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and awesome team
- We are a fast-growth space tech startup; you will have a direct impact on the future of space!
- We are developing a highly innovative product, which will disrupt the space industry, and that will manage satellites, rockets, lunar and deep-space missions
- A stock options plan that will make you a shareholder and reap the financial benefit of our success
- An open mind for new ideas and innovation, your voice will be heard!
- A family-friendly environment, high flexibility in working hours and the possibility to work remotely part of the time