We are building the digital infrastructure of the space industry
We are recruiting an experienced Head of Project Operations to serve the senior management team and build a strong operations/delivery culture within Leanspace. The specific purpose of the position is to implement an effective operational, financial and commercial management system to deliver projects for our customers, for our product development objectives, and for our technology research and development objectives.
Leanspace operates using Agile methodologies to continually deliver value for our customers, through specific contract engagements, and through our product platform. Leanspace leverages financial resources from many different granting agencies, as well as from customer engagements and product delivery, each of which have different management and compliance requirements. Our Head of Project Operations will develop the operations team to deliver these objectives and ensure that contractual and financial oversight is maintained and that the efficiency of these projects is optimal.
Duties in this role will include but not be limited to:
- Programme management, both internal R&D projects and client engagements, overseeing scope, budget, schedule, risks
- Setting up management processes, including standards & practices
- Contract and client relationship management
- Financial management, forecast, and reporting
- Human resources planning
- Agile development management (resourcing, velocity reporting, forecasting)
- Support to bids
- Support to recruitment
You will provide business operations support across the company, supporting both the Professional Services and Research & Development organizations. You will lead the definition of project management practices across the company, as well as manage yourself multiple projects. As we grow, you will hire and train project managers to support you.
- Based in, or willing to relocate to the Strasbourg area.
- Minimum 10 years working experience
- At least 5 years of experience in project management. Formal Project management training and experience, e.g., PMP/PRINCE certification.
- Experience creating a Project Management organization, project control office, or similar operations organization
- Deep experience managing Agile Scrum teams. (SCRUM certification)
- Financial acumen and real experience with financial oversight and reporting of complex projects
- Proven ability to anticipate project issues
- Excellent client-facing communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong people-management skills.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering or management field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Fluent in English and French.
- Experience in the Space industry.
- Already managed Space software projects.
- Already worked in a product-based company before.
- Experience with Agile management tools such as Jira.
- Experience with service management, knowledge of ITIL and ITSM perspectives and practices.
- Experience with ITSM tools such as Jira Service Desk, Opsgenie, BMC, etc is an asset.
- Experience with creating project management plans, especially in response to RFPs and RFIs.
- The challenge to shape practically from scratch an entire professional delivery and project organization
- Work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in space technology
- Create software that will be used operationally to design, build and fly satellites, rockets, and lunar missions. You will have a direct impact on the future of space.
- Join a fast-growth tech startup as a key employee – the best way to fast-track your career.
- A stock options plan that will make you become a shareholder and reap the financial benefit of our success.
- A family-friendly environment, high flexibility in working hours, the possibility to work remotely a large part of the time.