Leanspace was founded by a group of international space experts. We are a fast-growing team of incredibly passionate people, dedicating their talent on a product that will greatly impact the space industry. We are building a digital platform that allows public and private space organisations to streamline their space missions – drastically reducing their costs and increasing their agility.
Are you a talented software engineer working in the space industry, aspiring to invent new cool technologies and products? Then keep reading.
We are a European space startup, founded by a team of international space experts with the mission to transform the tools and engineering processes used to manage space missions. We are building a first-of-its-kind product, at the crossroad of cloud & software technologies, new space engineering concepts, digital transformation, and innovative commercial and delivery models. We are still operating in stealth mode, so details are not public. But we will tell you more, face-to-face, during the interview.
We are looking for top engineering talents to help us digitalize the space industry. Join us!
The company is based in Strasbourg, France, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers an amazing quality of life. Strasbourg is a highly international city at the crossroads of France, Germany, and Switzerland. It offers a rich culture, easy access to nature, wonderful gastronomy, and a fast-growing startup scene.
We are recruiting a number of skilled Software and/or System Engineers with experience in one or more Space domains to help build innovative Space products and solutions. We are looking for either System or Aerospace Engineers with software/programming experience, or Software Engineers who have experience building Space software solutions.
Disciplines / Areas of expertise: space operations, astrodynamics, mission analysis, system engineering, concurrent design, system AIT, ground segment architecture, payload data processing, ground network operations, automation, and any other space engineering disciplines. You can come from any space vertical (e.g. satellites, rockets, deep space, rovers) or from outside the space industry.
You will play a key role in our R&D activities, in direct collaboration with the CTO and VP Engineering and our Product Owner team. You will work with them to design and develop a new set of Space domain-specific technologies. You will develop the applications in collaboration with a team of local and remote developers, following a Scrum process. You will research specific Space technologies and systems to ensure our product is using the best technologies and practices available. Your role may be a hybrid role: both developing our product, and delivering customized solutions for specific customers.
- Based in, or willing to relocate in the Strasbourg area (including nearby German or Swiss cities)
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field, and at least 3 years of experience in the Space industry.
- Experience in one or more of the disciplines listed above, as a developer of software systems for this discipline, or as a practitioner
- Expert in one of the following software development languages and their ecosystems:
- Java development
- Python development
- C++ development
- Experience with containerization and virtualization concepts: Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- Code management tools: git, jira, bitbucket, etc.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum teams.
- Fluent in English.
- If you have been exposed to both established and NewSpace organisations
- If you have designed, developed or commercialised space software products
- If you have worked in a product-based company before
- Experience with Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, or Cloud container management systems.
- Experience with scientific programming, performance optimization, rule abstractions is an asset.
- Experience with AWS is an asset.
What we offer you
- Work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in space technology
- Create software that will be used operationally to design, build and fly satellites, rockets, and lunar missions. You will have a direct impact on the future of space.
- Join a fast-growth tech startup as a key employee – the best way to fast-track your career.
- A stock options plan that will make you become a shareholder and reap the financial benefit of our success.
- A family-friendly environment, high flexibility in working hours, the possibility to work remotely a large part of the time.