Our mission: to digitalize the space industry. Leanspace was founded by a group of international space experts. We are a fast-growing team of incredibly passionate people, dedicating their talent on a product that will greatly impact the space industry. We are building a digital platform that allows public and private space organisations to streamline their space missions – drastically reducing their costs and increasing their agility.
Leanspace is a European space startup, founded by a group of international space experts with the mission to transform the tools and engineering processes used to manage space missions.
We are building a digital platform that allows public and private space organisations to streamline their space missions – drastically reducing their costs and increasing their agility. This is a first-of-its-kind product, at the crossroad of cloud & software technologies, new space engineering concepts, digital transformation, and innovative commercial and delivery models. We are still operating in stealth mode, so details are not public. But we will tell you more, face-to-face, during the interview.
We are a fast-growing team of incredibly passionate people, dedicating their talent to a product that will greatly impact the space industry. We are looking for top engineering talents to help us digitalize the space industry. Join us!
The company is based in Strasbourg, France, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers an amazing quality of life. Strasbourg is a highly international city at the crossroads of France, Germany, and Switzerland. It offers a rich culture, easy access to nature, wonderful gastronomy, and a fast-growing startup scene.
To drive the development of this digital platform, we are looking for a specialist in space operations (satellites, ground stations, launchers, rovers…), with strong domain knowledge and the right entrepreneurial mindset, to join us as a Product Owner.
@Subject Matter Experts — this is the opportunity you have always dreamed about! You will transform mission operation systems by shaping a new approach from scratch: satellite control, TT&C, mission planning, ground station management, network operations, operations automation…
Part of an agile team, you will take ownership of some of our products. You will shape their scope and manage their implementation roadmap. You will play a key role in our R&D activities, in direct collaboration with the company founders and the engineering team. You will report directly to the CEO.
The position is full-time and based in our R&D centre at the International Space University campus, near Strasbourg, with part-time remote working possible. This position will require occasional business travels.
Your mission at Leanspace:
- Product strategy (30%):
- gather user needs from clients, industry experts, the literature, and by attending conferences and client meetings
- support market analysis, define pricing, contribute to product marketing
- attend Product Board meetings with the executive team, to pitch ideas and shape the global product roadmap
- Product development (60%):
- populate and maintain the backlog, by formulating high-quality user stories (including detailed acceptance criteria !), and maintain and prioritize it over time.
- review and test the developed features for acceptance, to ensure it fits your vision
- participate in the R&D: create wireframes with the UX designer, contribute to solution architecture, help the QA Lead to create relevant test scenarios, support the VP of Engineering to resolve issues in the development process.
- Subject Matter Expert support (10%)
- Identify top talents, attend interviews, speak in conferences, and attend exhibitions – you will be one of the faces of the company.
- Consult the company’s executives to help them in taking the right strategic decisions.
- Guide junior engineers, challenge senior experts, so that together we make the best product possible and solve real pains of space organisations !
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field, and at least 5 years of professional experience in the space industry
- Strong expertise in space operations, with experience as flight controller, spacecraft engineer, ground station engineer, system architect and/or software engineer.
- Exposure to several operational contexts. You know the difference between operating rocket launches, satellite constellations, and lunar rovers.
- A drive to challenge the status quo. You can prove a track record coming up with new tools and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders, and to drive teams through negotiation and persuasion, not by power
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Based in, or willing to relocate in the Strasbourg area (including nearby German or Swiss cities)
- Desire to do occasional travels (clients meetings, conferences)
Extra awesome if…
- …you have been exposed to both established and NewSpace organisations
- …you have already designed, developed or commercialised space software products
- …you have previously worked as Product Owner or worked in an Agile environment
- …you have previously worked in a product-based company
- …you like to play strategy games 😉
Why you’ll love this job
Your work will shape the future of the space economy, how cool is that? You’ll do this surrounded by a team of incredibly curious and passionate people who are driving a product that will dramatically impact the space industry.
We can promise:
- A culture where innovation and out-of-the-box thinking is the rule. Your voice will be heard!
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and awesome team
- We are a fast-growth space tech startup; you will have a direct impact on the future of space!
- Your software will be used operationally to support real professional space missions. You will have a direct impact on the future of space.
- A stock options plan that will make you a shareholder and reap the financial benefit of our success
- A family-friendly environment, high flexibility in working hours and the possibility to work remotely part of the time