Our mission: to digitalize the space industry. Leanspace was founded by a group of international space experts. We are a fast-growing team of incredibly passionate people, dedicating their talent on a product that will greatly impact the space industry. We are building a digital platform that allows public and private space organisations to streamline their space missions – drastically reducing their costs and increasing their agility.
Are you a space professional striving to make an impact? Do you have the right attention to details with the ability to see the big picture? Are you familiar with Europe’s space ecosystem? Then we are looking for you!
We are a space startup founded by a team of international experts, in a mission to transform the tools and engineering processes used to manage space missions. We are building a first-of-its-kind product, at the crossroads of cloud & software technologies, new space engineering concepts, digital transformation and innovative commercial models. We are still operating in stealth mode so details are not public, but we will tell you more, face-to-face, during the interview.
We are based in Strasbourg, France, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers a rich culture, easy access to nature, wonderful gastronomy and a fast-growing startup scene. We are looking for enthusiastic folks who want to make an impact, come join us!
You will own the end-to-end bid management process, from documentation receipt to timely delivery, both for French & European grant applications and customer RFPs.
You will identify bid opportunities together with the commercial team, manage strategy meetings, drive the bid coordination and administration, write content, coordinate stakeholders’ input and manage the proposal development schedule and timeline to ensure successful, high-quality delivery of client-ready documents.
Your mission at Leanspace:
- Identify institutional grants & programs and manage the application process, both in France and Europe
- Manage the end-to-end coordination of complex bids, including assembling a bid team, RFP analysis, bid/no bid decisions, proposal timelines, proposal outlines, win strategy development, financials preparation and writing proposal responses
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of our products & services, business strategies and competition
- Write compelling content, highlighting key differentiators and coordinating experts’ input
- Ensure key business strategies and selling messages are developed and clarified for proposals
- Contribute to proposal database repository including frequently asked questions, templates and examples
- Contribute to the development of tools, systems and processes to improve efficiency and quality
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field
- At least 5 years of experience in the space industry
- At least 3 years of experience as a Bid Manager for grant applications and/or customer RFPs
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
- Attention to detail, follow-up, and resolution
- Excellent time & project management skills, with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Natural ability to build relationships inside and outside the team
- Excellent communication, written and spoken in English and French is essential
- Based in, or willing to relocate to the Strasbourg area
- Business development experience
- Cloud-based enterprise software experience
- You have worked in a space startup
- You have managed complex bids for space agencies or European institutions
- Exposure to both established and NewSpace organisations
- Passion to enable the future space economy
Why you’ll love this job
Your work will shape the future of the space economy, how cool is that? You’ll do this surrounded by a team of incredibly curious and passionate people who are driving a product that will dramatically impact the way space missions are managed.
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and awesome team
- We are a fast-growth space tech startup; you will have a direct impact on the future of space!
- A stock options plan that will make you a shareholder and reap the financial benefit of our success
- An open mind for new ideas and innovation, your voice will be heard!
- A family-friendly environment, high flexibility in working hours and the possibility to work remotely part-time