LeoLabs is the world’s leading commercial provider of low Earth orbit (LEO) mapping and Space Domain Awareness (SDA) services.
LeoLabs is the world’s leading commercial provider of low Earth orbit (LEO) mapping and Space Domain Awareness (SDA) services. LeoLabs was founded in 2016 as a venture-funded spinout of Silicon Valley research pioneer, SRI International, by scientists and space industry veterans committed to securing Low Earth Orbit (LEO). LeoLabs is built on 30+ years of R&D in radar systems and satellite tracking algorithms. The team is rapidly expanding its global radar network and data services platform to help satellite operators deploy their services safely and to empower governmental space agencies with detailed visibility into the LEO ecosystem. As commercial space ventures and newly-formed space agencies from every corner of the globe compete for their place in the second space race, LeoLabs is here to address a new generation of risks and opportunities to preserve LEO for future generations.
LeoLabs Pty Ltd Australia is a subsidiary of LeoLabs Inc and the only fully functional business unit outside the USA. LeoLabs Australia is responsible business development, sales, services and support for Australia, New Zealand, Asia and West Pacific region. LeoLabs Australia has offices in Sydney and Adelaide.
The Senior Sales Manager will be responsible for business development and sales including, but not limited to, marketing and presentation of LeoLabs services and products, writing proposals, contract negotiations and closings. The position is also responsible for account management acting as the main point of contact between the customer and LeoLabs Australia. Overseeing successful delivery of contractual obligations also falls in under this responsibility.
The primary customers will be Government (Defence and Agency), commercial satellite operators, launch companies, satellite manufacturers, and insurance providers in the Asia and West Pacific region. The position will be supported by the functional team in Australia with reach back to the sales team and experts in the USA. The position will report directly to Managing Director LeoLabs Australia.
• Experience with Government sales and contracts. Preferably with SaaS experience and services contracts
• Experience with negotiating and closing contracts with government agencies and commercial organizations
• Space experience: conversant on space operations, challenges, and issues
• Management: recognized skills with potential to manage small sales teams
• Bachelor of business, commerce, or technology/ engineering
• English: excellent verbal and written communications
• Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia
• Security clearance: NV-1 (Secret level) or no identified barriers to obtain
• Culturally aligned to Leo Labs Inc
• Experienced user of Office 365, Salesforce, Miller Heiman (or similar)
• Education – Master of business administration, commerce or equivalent
• Space 101 or equivalent
• Digital skilled
• Fluent in other languages
Within 1 month, you’ll:
• Complete our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our vision, business plan, sales methodology and Australian team
• Gain an understanding about how your role fits into LeoLabs broader organization
• Be introduced as a key contact for LeoLabs services in Australia and the Asia West Pacific region
Within 3 months, you’ll:
• Be deeply involved with business development and marketing in the region
• Have taken over current sales account supervision
• Be actively involved with proposal development and contract negotiations
Within 6 months, you’ll:
• Have contributed to the business and system development of LeoLabs Australia
• Led the sales campaign for major Government and Agency contracts
• Developed your business contacts in Australia and the Asian Pacific region and made major contributions to adoption of LeoLabs products and services
Within 12 months, you’ll:
• Have travelled extensively in the Australia and Asia Pacific region and visited the USA
• Be seen as a space industry leader and catalyst for space industry development in the region
• Contributed significantly to the success of the Australia and global enterprise
LeoLabs Inc is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
LeoLabs is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, LeoLabs will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations . If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact LeoLabs.