The end to end mapping platform for Space
According to Fast Company Magazine, 2021, LeoLabs Inc is the second most innovative space company in the USA, behind SpaceX.
LeoLabs Australia is looking for a self-motivated, top-notch SDA Solutions Architect (operator or engineer) for Government Space Domain Awareness (SDA) to join our growing team in Australia. LeoLabs is a small and rapidly growing company that offers powerful tracking and navigation services to secure low Earth orbit (LEO). We want our platform to change the way people use space. The experts at LeoLabs enjoy a fun and flexible work environment and exceptional benefits while building data services for some of the newest space companies and government organizations in the world.
We deliver the world’s best LEO data and services, and we want you to help us support our users! We are looking for someone with a technical background who can deliver technical support and technical analyses for defence customers. You bring an understanding of satellite operations and space domain awareness (SDA) and you will develop a deep understanding of LeoLabs’ web services. You will work with a small team that ensures LeoLabs services are delivered seamlessly, provides technical support to government customers, implements customer requests, and informs the development of new products and features. You will work closely with our Business Development and Engineering teams.
About the job:
This position will be a space operations professional who will operate the LeoLabs platform to provide direct support to Government, Commercial and Civil space clients in Australia and the United States. The specialist will functionally support with the LeoLabs global space operations team to cover launches, constellation services and other special tasking. The candidate will be tasked to collaborate with other Australian space companies to support the Australian Space Enterprise. The ideal candidate will have the leadership potential to direct a commercial space operations cell in Australia. The position will report directly to Director LeoLabs Australia.
- Space Operations experience – 2 years min in military space operations centre
- Australian citizen or authorised Aust resident (NZ/ US /CAN/ UK citizen)
- Security clearance – current NV2
- Education – Space 101 or equivalent minimum
- Teamwork – recognised skills
- Management – recognised skills with potential to manage small operations team
- English – fluent in verbal and written communications
- Culturally aligned to Leo Labs Inc
Additional Desirable Criteria:
- Space operations experience – three years and international experience – US preferred
- Leadership – Military experience with sub unit command or equivalent
- Education – Bachelors of space, technology or aviation
- Space education – 201 or equivalent
- Space masters highly desirable
- Self-starter – able to operate independently
- Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle or Adelaide – willing to relocate to Canberra eventually.
- Your resume / CV
- A cover letter, and be sure to tell us why you’re interested in LeoLabs