The end to end mapping platform for Space
According to Fast Company Magazine, 2021, LeoLabs is the second most innovative space company in the USA, behind SpaceX.
LeoLabs Australia is looking for a self-motivated, top-notch Systems Engineering Manager, to join our growing team in NSW. LeoLabs is a small and rapidly growing company that offers powerful tracking and navigation services to secure low Earth orbit (LEO). We want our platform to change the way people use space. The experts at LeoLabs enjoy a fun and flexible work environment and exceptional benefits while building data services for some of the newest space companies and government organizations in the world.
We deliver the world’s best LEO data and services, and we want you to help us support our users! We are looking for someone with a technical background who can deliver technical support and technical analyses for defence customers. You bring an understanding of RF ground system operations and associate networks. You will work with a small team that ensures LeoLabs services are delivered seamlessly, provides technical support to government customers, implements customer requests, and informs the development of new products and features. You will work closely with our RF Engineering, Business Development, and other Engineering teams.
About the job:
This position will be responsible for managing Leo Labs RF systems, radar operations, networks, data transfer, cloud and logistics in Australia. The manager will monitor the status of Leo Labs autonomous RF systems, respond to outage alerts, assist with remote diagnosis and coordinate resolution with local providers. The position will work in conjunction with the US team and be prepared to conduct special tasking such as system monitoring through launch monitoring. The manager will have project management experience and be able to represent Leo Labs Inc RF Engineering and Logistics on projects from system production, site build and initial operations. The position will report directly to Director Leo Labs Australia.
- Engineering experience -3 years min in advanced RF systems
- Aerospace experience – min two years and international experience – US preferred
- Management – project management certificate and skills
- Australian citizen or authorised Aust resident (NZ/ US /CAN/ UK citizen)
- Security clearance – NV1 min with no identified barrier to NV2
- Education – Bachelors in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering
- Teamwork – recognised skills
- English – fluent in verbal and written communications
- Culturally aligned to Leo Labs Inc
Additional Desirable Criteria:
- Space 101 or equivalent minimum; conversant on space operations, challenges and issues
- Leadership – small business management experience
- Education – Masters of engineering or space operations
- Network and cloud systems experience
- Self-starter – able to operate independently
- NSW based – Newcastle preferred
- Your resume / CV
- A cover letter, and be sure to tell us why you’re interested in LeoLabs