Mapping satellites and space debris in low Earth orbit
We are hiring a Mechanical Design Engineer to design and develop mechanical systems for our next generation radars. The ideal candidate will take ownership of end to end delivery on all aspects of our radar mechanical designs – taking designs from concept to manufacturing.
At LeoLabs, you will be part of the team that is building the navigation infrastructure for space. You will be responsible for meeting and accelerating time sensitive development schedules – working closely with the engineering departments. You will join the Radar Deployments team and report to the Site Design and Logistics Manager.
Responsibilities in the Role:
- Design – Create parts, assemblies, and drawings in Solidworks to support the full array of components necessary to build complex systems
- Simulate – Create, run, and analyze thermal and load simulations to qualify components and assemblies
- BOM Management – Maintain a working BOM of all components used in prototype and production designs
- Prototype Manufacturing and Test – Take designs through the full prototype and assembly process.
- Test and validate designs to system specifications in order to move product into production
- The Ideal candidate will be proactive in understanding the myriad schedule drivers of Leolabs’ production flow.
- Minimum of 8 years of on the job experience in mechanical design and development of industrial instrumentation
- Expertise with Solidworks
- Working knowledge of characteristics of industry standard metal alloys and plastics
- Experience working with electronics Bill of Materials and engineering drawing packages
- Experience with PDM and PLM systems
- Knowledge of commercial or industrial electronics – desirable experience with RF systems
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
Goal-driven and self motivated
A portfolio of previous work is required when submitting the initial application, in order to be considered for this role. Please submit this as a PDF with your cover letter.
LeoLabs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
LeoLabs is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, LeoLabs will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations . If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact LeoLabs.