Mapping satellites and space debris in low Earth orbit
LeoLabs is hiring a radar signal processing engineer to develop and implement and deploy new digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms for our world-wide network of phased-array radars. LeoLabs operates a global network of radars to map Low Earth Orbit and provide data services. The ideal candidate will design and deploy DSP algorithms to a variety of phased-array radar systems.
- Develop and implement advanced DSP algorithms for the real-time processing of phased-array radar data.
- Select DSP architectures that optimize data throughput.
- Optimize algorithms to search for previously-unknown orbital objects across a wide range of distances and radial velocities.
- Implement DSP algorithms on dedicated servers and GPU systems.
- Provide testing and benchmarking tools for the DSP algorithms.
- Interface with the hardware and data science teams to tune performance and define requirements for new DSP algorithms.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or another technical field
- Minimum of 3 years of on the job experience in sensor data processing
- Significant, demonstrable experience using C or C++
- Demonstrated experience in the design, development, and deployment of DSP algorithms
- Experience prototyping DSP algorithms in Python or Matlab
- Experience in developing and deploying DSP algorithms for GPUs
- Experience in implementing DSP algorithms on FPGAs
- DSP implementation
- DSP theory (ie, Nyquist theorem, aliasing, IIR/FIR filtering, quantization noise, FFTs, etc)
- C or C++
- Code testing and benchmarking