Mapping satellites and space debris in low Earth orbit
When you join LeoLabs, you’ll be part of the team that is building the navigation infrastructure for space. Your day to day work will directly apply to securing and protecting low Earth orbit, benefitting many industries and generations to come.
Headquartered in Menlo Park, California, LeoLabs is a fast growing company serving commercial space ventures and newly-formed space agencies from every corner of the globe. We deliver real-time, data-driven insights as a service, built on top of our expanding network of ground-based, phased array radars.
LeoLabs is assembling a world-class Site Reliability Engineering team. We are looking for an experienced, driven Senior/Lead SRE engineer for some very exciting and unique projects.
In collaboration with the rest of the SRE team members and other LeoLabs teams, the candidate is expected to:
- Build, manage, and scale LeoLabs cloud infrastructure.
- Develop, deploy, and manage systems to monitor the platform for reliability, availability, and performance.
- Provide material support to other teams in their use of the infrastructure, build and deploy pipelines, and ongoing development activities.
- Automate mundane tasks to allow the developers to focus on feature development.
- Provide instrumental input and feedback to the general architecture of LeoLabs services.
- Use Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, to manage, build, and dismantle infrastructure as needed.
- Respond to production alarms, conduct root cause analysis, and plan and execute defensive remedies.
- Collaborate with other teams when needed, to achieve optimum solutions to intricate problems involving software, cloud infrastructure, radar systems, and/or onsite hardware.
- Maintain a vigilant attitude toward security, always striving to strengthen LeoLabs security posture.
- Have genuine empathy for the customers and development teams.
The successful candidate is expected to meet a good number of the following:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical fields with appropriate experience and aptitude.
- 7-10 years working in a cloud infrastructure environment as an SRE, DevOps, or Software Engineer, preferably AWS, but GCP and Azure are also welcome.
- Strong Linux systems skills, detailed working knowledge of Linux command line tools, Linux networking, Security, and scripting.
- Experience with networking principles and operation, network and cloud security.
- Solid experience with Microservices Architecture, Containerization, and REST API’s.
- Familiar with Databases, Big Data, storage and data scaling paradigms.
- Familiar with modern internet applications and SaaS technologies.
- Experience debugging production problems and working with QA teams and developers to navigate complex technology stacks.
- Experience working with version control systems, CI/CD pipelines, code coverage tools, etc.
- Terraform , AWS , Docker, Kubernetes, SSL/SSH/openSSL.
We work in a highly collaborative multidisciplinary team, with world class experts in astrodynamics, radar, data science, and software as a service. Our challenges are unique and diverse, so you should thrive on stepping into uncharted territory. Our team members are honest, humble, and driven by data. We live by principle, keep our word, and move with a sense of urgency. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.