Mapping satellites and space debris in low Earth orbit
When you join LeoLabs, you’ll be part of the team that is building the navigation infrastructure for space. Your day to day work will directly apply to securing and protecting low Earth orbit, benefitting many generations to come.
Headquartered in Menlo Park, California, LeoLabs is a fast growing company serving commercial space ventures and newly-formed space agencies from every corner of the globe. We deliver real-time, data-driven insights as a service, built on top of our expanding network of ground-based, phased array radars. LeoLabs Federal headquarters and the work location for this position are in Northern Virginia so some travel to Menlo Park can be expected.
We love full stack engineers, not only capable of building a solution, but owning the problem end to end. There is a tremendous amount of opportunity in front of us and in this role you will have the opportunity to grow your career and interests as we succeed.
- Ship high quality solutions with a sense of urgency and speed.
- Collaborate with product managers, QA, and other developers, owning a large part of the process from understanding the problem to shipping the solution.
- Work closely with the LeoLabs Federal team to distill and plan secure and elegant technical solutions.
- BS degree in engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with commercial cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services; Experience with implementing and deploying applications and services on Commercial Cloud Services (C2S/C2E) is highly desired.
- 5+ years of software engineering / development experience, to include recent experience in agile software engineering environments.
- You must have demonstrated skill in in at least one or more high-level programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C/C++)
- Experience with large data sets is desirable.
- Experience using software version control such as Git (GitLab or BitBucket) as well as Jira and Confluence.
- Must be a US Citizen with an active or current Top Secret/SSBI and have the ability to obtain SCI level access.
Management experience with small engineering teams is a plus as we built the LeoLabs Federal cleared software team.
LeoLabs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
LeoLabs is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, LeoLabs will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations . If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact LeoLabs.