Mapping satellites and space debris in low Earth orbit
When you join LeoLabs, you’ll be part of the team that is building the navigation infrastructure for space. Your day to day work will directly apply to securing and protecting low Earth orbit, benefitting many generations to come.
LeoLabs is a fast growing company serving commercial space ventures and newly-formed space agencies from every corner of the globe. We deliver real-time, data-driven insights as a service, built on top of our expanding network of ground-based, phased array radars.
LeoLabs Federal, Inc. is seeking motivated data science and engineering professionals in support of the United States Space Force’s (USSF) Deep Space Advanced Radar Capability (DARC). You’ll be part of the team that is building the navigation infrastructure for space. Your work will directly apply to securing and protecting the space environment, benefitting generations to come. Some (~10%) domestic and international travel is required for this position to support the deployment of phased array radars and a mission operations center.
Multiple openings available. This does not represent a specific current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions that frequently become available. Potential candidates may be considered for existing or future LeoLabs opportunities.
- Work closely with the LeoLabs Federal team to distill and plan secure and elegant technical solutions
- Provide technical leadership to a radar engineering team focused on mission performance and high-quality integration and test
- Manage risk on a multi-discipline team with a demanding schedule and critical mission need
- Interface with wide variety of industry and Government stakeholders for design reviews, trade studies, technical analyses, formal test events, etc.
- Develop and implement algorithms for modeling large datasets
- Perform advanced data analysis, numerical and statistical modeling
- Analyze algorithm performance and data quality
- Design and implement automated testing and calibration systems
- BS in Astrodynamics, Aerospace, Physics, or another technical field
- Significant experience using Python, C/C++, and/or Java
- Demonstrable expertise in linear algebra and statistics
- Must be a US Citizen with active or recent Top Secret/SSBI and ability to obtain SCI level access
- Management experience with small engineering teams or DOD/IC customers preferred