The end to end mapping platform for Space
According to Fast Company Magazine, 2021, LeoLabs is the second most innovative space company in the USA, behind SpaceX.
LeoLabs Australia is looking for a self-motivated, top-notch Senior Sales Manager primarily focused on the the government markets to join our growing team in Sydney or Canberra. LeoLabs is a small and rapidly growing company that offers powerful tracking and navigation services to secure low Earth orbit (LEO). We want our platform to change the way people use space. The experts at LeoLabs enjoy a fun and flexible work environment and exceptional benefits while building data services for some of the newest space companies and government organizations in the world.
We deliver the world’s best LEO data and services, and we want you to help us support our users! We are looking for someone with a technical background in aerospace and experience (or a desire to learn) the business side of things. You will work with current as well as prospective LeoLabs customers who utilize our services for satellite tracking and spaceflight safety to grow relationships and expand our service footprint in the industry.
About the job:
This position will be responsible for sales and contract management, including marketing Leo Labs services and products, drafting proposals, managing negotiations and delivering service subscription contracts. The primary customers will be Government (defence and agency) with additional customers of Australian satellite operators, launch, and insurance providers. The position will be supported by the functional team in Australia with reach back to the sales team and experts in the USA . The position will report directly to Director Leo Labs Australia.
- Sales: Experience with Government sales and contracts. Preferably with SaaS experience and / or services contracts in a technical field.
- Space Experience – Experienced, conversant, or ability to learn space operations, challenges and issues (other technical fields with applicable experience acceptable)
- Education – Bachelors in business, commerce or technology/ engineering. Must have ability to develop a strong technical product understanding
Australian citizen or authorised Aust resident
- Security clearance – Protected level and current police background check
- Management – Recognised skills with potential to manage small sales teams
- English – excellent verbal and written communications
- Culturally aligned to Leo Labs Inc
- The ability to thrive in the dynamic environment that comes with being part of an innovative growing company. That means flexibility and willingness to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Security – NV 1 (Secret level) or no barrier to acquire
- Sales – Experience with large Government RFT and contracts
- Education – Masters in business administration, commerce, or equivalent
- Space 101 or equivalent
- Space Experience – 2 years in recognised space operations centre
- Digital skilled
A cover letter, and be sure to tell us why you’re interested in LeoLabs