When you join LeoLabs, you’ll be part of the team that is building the navigation infrastructure for space. Your day to day work will directly apply to securing and protecting low Earth orbit, benefitting many industries and generations to come.
LeoLabs is a fast growing company serving commercial space ventures and newly-formed space agencies from every corner of the globe. We deliver real-time, data-driven insights as a service, built on top of our expanding network of ground-based, phased array radars.
LeoLabs is assembling a world-class Platform and Software engineering team. We are looking for an experienced, driven Platform and Software Manager (engineer) for some very exciting and unique projects.
This position will be responsible for planning and managing Leo Labs platform, data solutions, cloud services and software products in Australia. The manager will plan, develop, coordinate and ultimately ensure delivery of Leo Labs SaaS products to Australian customers. The Manager will need to be technically skilled in data science and cloud based software engineering and will have reach back to the teams in the USA for system support. The manager will be able to plan, coordinate and manage the hosting of the Leo Labs platform on an Australian cloud provider. The manager will have project management experience. The position will report directly to Director Leo Labs Australia.
In collaboration with the rest of the platform team members and other LeoLabs teams, the candidate is expected to:
- Build, manage, and scale LeoLabs cloud infrastructure.
- Develop, deploy, and manage systems to monitor the platform for reliability, availability, and performance.
- Provide material support to other teams in their use of the infrastructure, build and deploy pipelines, and ongoing development activities.
- Automate mundane tasks to allow the developers to focus on feature development.
- Provide instrumental input and feedback to the general architecture of LeoLabs services.
- Use Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, to manage, build, and dismantle infrastructure as needed.
- Respond to production alarms, conduct root cause analysis, and plan and execute defensive remedies.
- Collaborate with other teams when needed, to achieve optimum solutions to intricate problems involving software, cloud infrastructure, radar systems, and/or onsite hardware.
- Maintain a vigilant attitude toward security, always striving to strengthen LeoLabs security posture.
- Have genuine empathy for the customers and development teams.
The successful candidate is expected to meet a good number of the following:
- Australian citizen or authorised Aust resident (NZ/ US /CAN/ UK citizen);
- Security clearance – NV1 min with no identified barrier to NV2
- Education – Bachelors in software/ computer engineering
- Digital experience – 5 years min in software development with cloud and/or SaaS experience
- Space -conversant on space operations, challenges and issues
- English – fluent in verbal and written
- Management – project management certificate and/or skills
- Teamwork – recognised skills
- Self-starter – able to operate independently
- Culturally aligned to Leo Labs Inc
- Space industry experience – min two years and international experience – US preferred
- Leadership – small business unit management
- Education – Masters of software engineering or space operations
- Space education – 101 or equivalent;
- NSW based – Sydney or Newcastle; or willing to relocate
We work in a highly collaborative multidisciplinary team, with world class experts in astrodynamics, radar, data science, and software as a service. Our challenges are unique and diverse, so you should thrive on stepping into uncharted territory. Our team members are honest, humble, and driven by data. We live by principle, keep our word, and move with a sense of urgency. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.