We work with creativity and passion to develop and deploy advanced technology in the pursuit of security and progress. To deliver value, today and tomorrow.
We are looking for Senior Configuration Engineers to join us at Leonardo. Leonardo is an international leader in the development of cutting edge sensor products deployed across a wide range of airborne platforms for our Aerospace and Defence customers.
As a Senior Configuration Engineer you will provide Configuration Management support to ensure that products and services conform to their requirements. You will also provide requirements management support to ensure that documented requirements are clear, concise and valid. Change management is a closed-loop process for changing released documents and data. These disciplines are a critical part of the Leonardo Integrated Project Teams (IPT), which gives you the opportunity to work with a wide range of roles and data to support development, procurement, manufacturing, delivery and upgrade of our products.
Your information and configuration management skills will be used across the full product lifecycle: from requirements analysis; through design, procurement and manufacturing; to delivery to the customer and onwards into in-service support.
What can we offer you:
- Annual leave of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Award-winning pension scheme, including an attractive employer contribution
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes to give you the time and flexibility you need to enjoy a balanced life
- Access to thousands of online courses free of charge via Coursera
- Learning & Development – we will assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, to allow you to further develop your knowledge
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Onsite Occupational Health Service to look after your physical and mental wellbeing, and keep you safe at work
- Restaurant facilities, including a coffee shop and restaurant
- Employee discount schemes for you and your family, including retail, cinema, hotel bookings and vehicle benefits
- Family friendly policies
- Career breaks – where appropriate, we support you to pursue other interests outside the workplace
- Positive support for the Reserve Forces, including additional time off for Reservists
- Free parking
What you will do
As a Senior Configuration Engineer you will operate in both Change Specialist 1 and 2 domains:
- Managing the processing of Problem Reports from initiation to final disposition – minimise time to disposition
- Reviewing existing Data and configuring this Data for delivery, which will include liaising with other Leonardo MW disciplines to verify and confirm the validity of the Data
- Managing Trials Modifications to support Problem Report investigations – ensuring results of trials are captured
- Managing the processing of Change Requests from initiation to final disposition – minimise time to CRB disposition
- Collating the Change Impact assessments from TRB (Technical Review)
- Supporting the Change initiator and TRB through consultation
- Determining if fast track criteria are met and route Change as Fast-Track
- Preparing agenda, calling and chairing the CRB (Business Review of change)
- Setting POE (Point Of Embodiment) & Priority
- Determining Change Classification
- Implementation Planning and coordination into both the design and physical product
- Continuous Improvement activities
What we are looking for
- HND qualified or equivalent experience
- Interest in Engineering or Science – you will work with technical data from many areas.
- Strong Administration Skills with an attention to detail – you are required to a logical mind-set
- Familiarity with Databases, especially PDM/PLM Toolsets or Information Systems and Data
- Communication – Confident use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- MRP Supply and Demand Planning awareness a distinct advantage
- CMII Methodology
- Due to the nature of our products you must be able to achieve UK Security Clearance (SC) and be authorised to access UK-Eyes-Only and ITAR material.