A key player in Aerospace, Defence and Security
A new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Antenna Test Engineer to join our Antenna group at Leonardo in Edinburgh. Leonardo is a world-class defence technology company. We develop and manufacture cutting edge Radars for the Eurofighter Typhoon and SAAB Gripen fighter jets, as well as Maritime and Airborne surveillance systems. We are also investors in innovation, undertaking all our own research to fuel our future products.
You will work closely within multidisciplinary integrated project teams to provide technical and practical expertise in the field of RF Test & Measurement, both theory and practice. As part of the Antenna Team, you will be hands-on in setting up optimized, efficient test & measurement systems to deliver the customer objectives in what can sometimes be challenging timescales and with rapidly changing requirements.
Note, in order to apply for this opportunity you must be a British citizen (or being in the process to become one) and eligible for SC UK Security Clearance. Applicants holding dual nationality (where one of the nationalities is British) may be considered.
What we can offer you
- Annual leave of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Free parking
- Award-winning pension scheme, including an attractive employer contribution
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes to give you the time and flexibility you need to enjoy a balanced life
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Access to thousands of online courses free of charge via Coursera
- Onsite Occupational Health Service to look after your physical and mental wellbeing, and keep you safe at work
- Restaurant facilities, including a coffee shop
- Employee discount schemes for you and your family, including retail, cinema, hotel book
- Family Friendly Policies
- Learning & Development – we will assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, to allow you to further develop
- Career breaks – where appropriate, we support you to pursue other interests outside the workplace
- Positive support for the Reserve Forces, including additional time off for Reservists
What you will do
Working within a group of about 20 like-minded engineers, you will apply the test methodology to be used for each project and ensure that all necessary equipment is available, serviceable and within calibration periods where required.
- Undertake the practical aspects of setting up RF test and measurement systems and carrying out RF measurements within the agreed timescales.
- Work within the frequency and time domains to extrapolate the data required.
- Carry out test procedures using items of RF test equipment such as Vector Network Analysers,
- Spectrum Analysers, Power Meters and Oscilloscopes,
- Make use of bespoke software to set up and perform test procedures.
- Use PC’s to help automate test sequences where possible, using software packages such as Visual Basic for Applications and Excel mainly. Some knowledge of Matlab would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Monitor the progress of the testing, reporting failures and anomalies, investigating causes of failures and suggesting remedial works.
- Be prepared to change plans in a short timescale dependent on test results and program changes.
- Collate successful results for further analysis and verification, producing test certificates as necessary.
- Carry out duties to maintain the infrastructure of the test facility and ensure its continued successful operation.
- Assist in the planning and requirements of future projects.
- Collaborate within the team and the wider community to share knowledge and skills as part of a continuous improvement process.
- Operate and adhere to the company’s guidelines with regard to health and safety at all times, reporting failures and omissions.
What we are looking for
- Some practical experience in a RF test and measurement environment.
- Some experience in the safe use of items of RF Test Equipment.
- Theoretical knowledge of aspects of RF test and measurement.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and alone if necessary.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Experience in working within a continuous improvement process.
- Proactive approach to advancing in your career.
- Willingness to work overtime and shift patterns, including weekends, when required.
Life at Leonardo
- Discover life at Leonardo – a company for extraordinary people
- Our UK locations
- We have offices around the UK, including Basildon, Bristol, Edinburgh, Lincoln, Luton, Southampton and Yeovil
- Committed to Inclusion
- We are committed to creating a working environment that is designed to provide everyone with the opportunity to succeed.
- Meet our People
- Find out more about some of the individuals who make up our talented and diverse workforce