A key player in Aerospace, Defence and Security
Our business is growing, and we want you to be part of it.
We have a number of opportunities for Systems Engineers of all levels of experience to join our expanding Electro-Optics team at Leonardo in Edinburgh.
Leonardo is a global leader in defence electronics and delivers mission critical systems for situational awareness, electronic warfare and surveillance across land, sea and air. The Radar and Advanced Targeting line of business, based in Edinburgh, is uniquely positioned as one of the world’s top manufacturers of radars, lasers and infra-red countermeasure systems.
What We Offer:
- Annual leave of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Free parking
- Award-winning pension scheme, including an attractive employer contribution
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes to give you the time and flexibility you need to enjoy a balanced life
- Access to thousands of online courses free of charge via Coursera
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Onsite Occupational Health Service to look after your physical and mental wellbeing, and keep you safe at work
- Restaurant facilities, including a coffee shop and restaurant
- Employee discount schemes for you and your family, including retail, cinema, hotel bookings and vehicle benefits
- Family friendly policies
- Paternity, parental, adoption and dependent leave
- Learning & Development – we will assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, to allow you to further develop your knowledge
- Career breaks – where appropriate, we support you to pursue other interests outside the workplace
- Positive support for the Reserve Forces, including additional time off for Reservists
What you will do
- In these roles, you will be responsible for Systems Engineering activities supporting the development of new, ground breaking, electro-optic tracking and targeting systems. Currently at an early stage of the lifecycle, these low TRL projects offer you the unique opportunity to get in at the start, and help architect future technologies and products through all stages of the engineering lifecycle.
- Depending on your skill set and experience you will be involved the capture and management of system and sub-system requirements, development of the systems architecture, the performance budgets and / or the modelling for the entire system.
- Additionally, as this is a dynamic and fast moving team, you will be expected to contribute to many aspects of the generation of the evolving technology programme, helping solve problems, propose technology paths and suggest future applications.
What we are looking for
- A Degree in an Engineering Discipline or related engineering/science subject.
- Experience of stabilised EO systems (FMM, FSM, Multi axis Gimbal)
- Experience in systems architecture and partitioning.
- System performance modelling.
- General EO Domain knowledge.
- Experience of requirements management, particularly DOORS.
- You will have excellent problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- You will have excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- You will be self-motivated, with a desire to learn new technologies.
- You will have the ability to work across a number of engineering disciplines to develop the system solution.
- You will have demonstrable experience of the engineering lifecycle.
- You will have the ability to prioritise your own workloads.
- You will be able to work independently within the IPT.
- You will hold or be able to achieve SC vetting.
The following would also be desirable but not essential:
- Proficient in use of Matlab.
- Experience of safety systems and hazard mitigation.
- Experience in a Team Leading or Principal Engineer Role