At Lilium, we're advancing how the world moves
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 600 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
You will play a major role in developing the mechanical design of our proprietary ducted fan engines for a manned aircraft from prototype till serial production. You will be responsible to for the design of components and assemblies, supporting system and lead engineers.
Our Propulsion Team is responsible for the development of our thrust generating flaps, including the structure, the required actuators, electronics as well as the ducted fan engines. The flaps are used to propel the aircraft in different flight conditions, based on the concept of thrust vectoring, while our 36 engines solve the challenge of zero-emissions flight.
We are seeking a flexible and open personality to join our development team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet in an early development phase.
Your Day to Day:
- Drive the design of propulsion components or sub-systems from scratch, over detailed design, until release for production
- Coordinate design work between CAD, calculation and testing
- Write justification reports
- Exchange with suppliers and manufacturing engineers to find the best design solutions and follow the production of parts
- Prepare and support prototype assemblies
- Work on any ad-hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- Degree in mechanical-, aerospace engineering or similar (M. Sc./M.Eng. preferred)
- 0-5 years of professional experience in R&D environment
- Extracurricular experience beneficial
- Practical experience in mechanical engineering and product development
- Basic knowledge of GD&T required
- Experience with CAD software (preferably Siemens NX) required
- Strong motivation to help build and shape our organization, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are desired, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial