Building radically better ways of moving. A revolution in sustainable, high-speed regional air mobility.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Senior System Engineer – Electrical Machines
Your role and your team:
We are looking for a Systems Engineer with experience in high speed electrical machine and electromagnetic design to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
This position will report into our Engineering Manager for Electric Propulsion and will contribute, as part of an integrated cross-functional team, to the propulsion systems architecture, design, certification, and delivery of the Lilium Jet.
You will have a chance to shape the future of mobility by not only defining the key elements of the propulsion systems but also developing components, coordinating with regulatory partners and leading suppliers.
You will take responsibility for the development of subsystems and components while ensuring their compliance to relevant safety standards.
Your Day to Day:
- Design of High-speed Electrical machines.
- 2D Electromagnetic simulation of Electrical machines.
- Close cooperation with Power electronics and control engineers for the control algorithm and inverter development.
- Close cooperation with mechanical engineers responsible for mechanical component design and integration
- Close cooperation with test engineer for Electrical machines testing and performance validation.
- Coordinate with suppliers for the Electrical machine development activities.
- Specification of system, subsystem, and component, interface requirements as per ARP4754
- Specification and support of system validation and verification according to acceptable means of compliance like DO-160
- Support of development of series production processes and process standardization across departments
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- M.Sc./Eng. or PhD in Electrical Engineering or a related field required
- Min. 5 years of professional experience in electrical machine design and development.
- Experience in 2D FEA tools preferably Altair Flux, Motorcad or ANSYS maxwell.
- Experience in Matlab/Simulink and/or Python.
- Experience in Electrical machine manufacturing and testing would be advantageous.
- Experience and/or formal training in Supplier Management/ Technical Project Management would be advantageous.
- Strong knowledge in Partial discharge and insulation materials.
- Knowledge of semiconductor technology and power electronics would be advantageous
- Experience in requirement management tools, such as Siemens Polarion or IBM Rational Doors would be advantageous
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills are required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, free e-library, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.