Mission-driven Research and Technology Organisation (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT.
Your work environment
The European Space Resources Innovation Centre (ESRIC) is a joint initiative of the Luxembourg Space Agency (LSA), the European Space Agency (ESA) and the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST). ESRIC aims to become an internationally recognized centre of expertise for scientific, technical, business and economic aspects related to the use of space resources for human and robotic exploration, as well as for a future in-space economy.
You will be part of ESRIC
ESRIC is a brand-new initiative with challenging objectives and evolving in a rapidly changing international environment. Being part of this new adventure and contributing to build successful activities with ESRIC’s partners is common to all ESRIC’s positions.
ESRIC is implemented as a department of LIST, with a dedicated governance structure that includes its partners LSA, ESA and LIST. It is conducting activities along four main areas: Research and testing facilities, Business support and incubation, Knowledge management, and Community management.
The ESRIC Startup Support Programme will support early-stage start-ups in the space resources sector to refine their business plan, attract their first customers and secure their first investment. You will run this programme in close cooperation with ESA and Technoport (a major start-up incubator in Luxembourg). You will actively work with start-ups and engage with the terrestrial and space resources industries. Your main activities will focus on sourcing, selection and direct support of start-ups through the different stages of the programme. You will have the following responsibilities:
- Define and implement the overall strategy and planning for the incubator, including reporting to stakeholders;
- Define a screening strategy and applicable governance rules for the incubator in full alignment with ESRIC’s partners;
- Promote the start-up support program in target eco-systems (National/Regional/European/International);
- Forge partnerships with other public and private organizations for providing services/support to the incubates or the incubator;
- Work with financial and industrial partners to finance early-stage ventures and help them reach their next stage of development;
- Put in place a continuous market intelligence and identify relevant technology spin-offs and start-ups.
- Master’s degree in engineering, economics or business administration;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, ideally with entrepreneurship / start-up founder background;
- Capacity to establish strong relationships, build trust, drive value, and develop lasting business partnerships;
- Experience with converting input from business development into innovative product concepts and prototypes;
- Entrepreneurial spirit, flexible and able to adapt;
- Readiness to travel up to 20% of your time;
- Excellent command of English is a must, good knowledge of German and French is an asset;