Your Mission is Ours
This position is for the Assembly, Test, and Launch Operations (ATLO) Associate Manager for the small spacecraft line of the Deep Space Exploration directorate. These missions are part of NASA’s SIMPLEx program and similar initiatives to create small, inventive, cost effective spacecraft that produce compelling science data.
The ATLO Associate Manager will have the responsibility to develop and execute all aspects ATLO, including the assembly operations, test program, and integration with the launch vehicle. The ATLO Associate Manager will be a key member of the project leadership team, and as such will provide technical review and input to spacecraft design and systems solutions. This is a working lead role, and the lead will also have additional responsibilities to create test products, execute tests as a CTC, and/or plan mechanical integration as their aptitude best allows, with an expectation that they become fully capable in all aspects by the end of the program. This job will provide the applicant with a deep understanding of the function of these small spacecraft as well as spacecraft integration and test methods.
Benefits of Employment:
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care and healthy living incentives! Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in an Engineering, closely related field, or equivalent experience/combined education
• Minimum 7 years of experience with spacecraft system level test, spacecraft mission operations, or systems engineering
• Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team in a collaborative, team-based environment
• Demonstrated detailed understanding of Lockheed Martin policies and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to lead a troubleshooting effort
• Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Previous experience as a Lockheed Martin certified test conductor for spacecraft system level testing
• Previous experience as a Lockheed Martin spacecraft test engineer, mission operations engineer, or systems engineer
• Familiarity/Expertise with LM Deep Space Mission Architectures
• Automation framework experience
• Demonstrated ability to take charge in an uncertain environment
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and to deliver products on schedule
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and properly engage directly with a customer management team
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4×10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Clearance Level: NoneLockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Assembly/Integration and Test