Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want join a culture that inspires employees to think creatively, exceed their own expectations and build incredible products? We provide the resources, support and focus – if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Lockheed Martin Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) team is made up of enthusiastic and talented individuals that design and produce the hardware, algorithms, and software required to solve the challenging problems of controlling these systems in a harsh, zero-g environment. They support the build, integration, test, verification and ops support during checkout of this new fleet. Are you willing to join this team and help solve challenges in a team environment using your GN&C background and experience?
In this role, you will be an associate manager leading your team of engineers that support a wide variety of defense programs including NGG/SBIRS/Protected Comms and Sustainment Programs.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• BS Degree in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline
• Experience with software, simulation and programming tools (ex. Matlab/Simulink, C++, Python)
• Ability to manage a team that performs spacecraft GN&C design and analysis tasks having knowledge of controls & dynamics, attitude determination and GN&C hardware
• Experience in the life cycle of spacecraft development with a focus on integration & test support, verification, launch and preliminary operations support including both ground and on orbit troubleshooting
• Ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize schedules and tasking to accomplish multiple goals in a fixed period
• Ability and willingness to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• Possess an active TS/SCI clearance
• GNC lead/management experience with a demonstrated ability to manage complex technical systems and drive fast-paced programs
• GNC lead/management experience that includes task planning and/or employee development/mentoring
• Experience with Agile development processes and methodologies
• Proposal Development Experience; Basis of Estimate (BOE) Development
• Control Account Manager (CAM) experience and Earned Value Management (EVM) Experience
• Demonstrated good communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues to peers, management, subcontractors and customers.
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4×10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.