As a global security and aerospace company, the majority of Lockheed Martin's business is with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. federal government agencies. In addition, Sikorsky (a Lockheed Martin Company) provides military and rotary-wing aircraft to all five branches of the U.S. armed forces along with military services and commercial operators in 40 nations. The remaining portion of Lockheed Martin's business is comprised of international government and commercial sales of products, services and platforms.
This position is the technical leadership role for the Manufacturing Engineering team that supports the Orlando Microelectronics Center (MEC). This role includes the leadership of the manufacturing engineers that provide direct production fabrication & test support, as well as the failure analysis lab. The successful candidate for this position will have demonstrated leadership and technical skills and experience in the discipline of manufacturing engineering and deep/broad experience for assembly/test/fabrication of complex microelectronic assemblies and related processes. The candidate should also have a working knowledge of the skills and support needed by programs for production management.
The successful candidate should:
- Have a passion for automation and possess experience with implementation of automated production lines including standing up a new production line that integrates lean manufacturing with robotics.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet leverage Design to Cost (DTC), Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Automation (DFA) targets to deliver cost-effective solutions to our customer.
- Push the limits of electro-mechanical assembly by actively researching new uses and implementing robotic and automated assembly cells (including 5 and 6-axis robotic arms, collaborative robots, adhesive dispensing, soldering, automated positioning, automated optical inspection, test automation).
- B.S/M.S. in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Materials Engineering preferred) with 10+ years of experience in the microelectronics industry, RF manufacturing, or equivalent.
- Previous Hands-on experience with microelectronic assembly processes and equipment and the automation of these processes (e.g. epoxy dispensing, component/die attach, wire/ribbon bonding, wafer fabrication, hermetic sealing, leak detection, Automated Optical Inspection, component/assembly test, etc.)
- Prior leadership experience in technical engineering or functional management with demonstrated skills to lead and drive internal savings by implementing initiatives such as Yield Improvements, Cost Step-Downs, Process Improvements, Lean, and Manufacturing Technology enhancements and by improving the business processes used to execute Recurring and Non-recurring Manufacturing Engineering activities.
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills are required including the ability to deliver effective presentations to peers, management, and customers.
Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Experience interfacing with design engineering team to ensure design producibility for current and future hardware.
- Knowledge of microelectronic assembly along with MIL-STD-883 & MIL-PRF-38534, J-STD, IPC
- Knowledge of failure analysis techniques: SEM, EDS, FTIR, XRF, X-ray, FIB, etc.
- Experience with test development – knowledge and experience with electronic circuits, automated test software, and the manufacturing test environment. Ability to interpret test requirements, implement requirement based test methodologies, and utilize statistical data analysis.
- Understanding of design and documentation and working knowledge of test and troubleshooting of microelectronic assemblies.
- SAP & MES knowledge
- Ability to translate strategic vision through leadership of a team of engineers into the development of technical roadmaps, drive execution of internal research and development projects, develop business cases and the justification of research, manpower, equipment plans.
- Experience deploying and managing a fully-automated production line, microelectronics preferred.
- The candidate must be able to lead and contribute technically to projects in a teaming environment and have the ability to investigate, transfer, and adapt processes, techniques, or methods to new applications.
- Ability to understand and remain engaged in assessing assembly trends, tooling, methods, systems, and equipment that will strengthen and expand competitive technological edge in the products we produce and the industry we serve.
- The candidate will be required to lead the development and execution of manufacturing process plans, continuous improvement of processes and plans using tools and methods such as statistical process control (SPC) and design of experiments (DOE).
- Lean/Six Sigma familiarity
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational talent via hiring and by mentoring, including the development and execution of succession and cross-training plans.
- This position will support performance review and other HR tasks as required. Duties include the recruitment, hiring, retaining, training and career development, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Telecommute: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4×10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Manufacturing
Virtual Location: no