As a global security and aerospace company, the majority of Lockheed Martin's business is with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. federal government agencies. In addition, Sikorsky (a Lockheed Martin Company) provides military and rotary-wing aircraft to all five branches of the U.S. armed forces along with military services and commercial operators in 40 nations. The remaining portion of Lockheed Martin's business is comprised of international government and commercial sales of products, services and platforms.
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking a Manufacturing Robotics Engineer to be part of a world-class team of engineers that are responsible for designing and implementing core automation and robotic systems for our production factory located in Chelmsford, MA.
Chelmsford Operations is a center of excellence for design, prototype, manufacturing, and testing of cutting-edge RF and microwave modules.
The Robotics Engineer will be responsible for managing technical automation projects from “concept to completion”. This includes driving the design and implementation of automated equipment such as automated electronics assembly, programmable controllers, robotics, fixtures, and vision systems, etc.
The Robotics Engineer will own driving the scope, schedule, implementation of the projects as well as support vendor relations, stakeholder management and report outs.
The engineer will work in a fast-paced design engineering and production environment. The engineer will effectively collaborate with cross-functional organizations within Chelmsford, and with other Lockheed sites and other relevant industry partners as well.
The engineer will have the opportunity to develop and adapt processes and methodologies to facilitate continuous improvement of manufacturing processes.
The Engineer provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Chelmsford, Massachusetts is a charming suburb of Boston located about 25 miles northwest of that city. Chelmsford is very close to historic Lowell Massachusetts and to Nashua, New Hampshire. Chelmsford is within reach of New Hampshire’s White Mountains and awesome ski areas to the north, and the scenic coastal towns of MA and NH are about an hour east. This scenic colonial region offers lots of New England charm, great schools, shopping, and restaurants. Chelmsford and the region share an impressive past from the early days after the pilgrims arrived in Plymouth to the revolutionary war. Where can you get to from Chelmsford? Chelmsford is about 90 minutes from Cape Cod. Boston is about 30 minutes to the east without traffic. New York City is about 4.5 hours away from Chelmsford. Waterville Valley and other major ski resorts of New Hampshire and Vermont are about 2 to 3 hours to the north. It should be noted that Chelmsford, Massachusetts is approximately 35 miles northwest of the Boston metropolitan area and offers better access to a wide range of substantially more affordable regions in the area to live. Those regions include Northeastern and North Central Massachusetts, and Southern, New Hampshire.
- Technical Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related technical master’s degree.
- Demonstrated technical engineering experience with electronics manufacturing and production automation and/or robotics systems is required.
- Technical knowledge of leading production systems and related prod ops rollouts or modifications is required.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment is required.
- Experience with the full life cycle of automated processes and equipment from design to implementation to maintenance and upgrades is required.
- The ability to obtain a secret security clearance is required and must be able to obtain an Interim Security Clearance prior to start.
Project Management experience would be a plus.
Experience with leading diverse teams is desired.
Robotics and automated assembly experience are strongly desired.
- Knowledge of the assembly & test of RF Microelectronic products from bare die to hermetically sealed package is desired.
- Solid knowledge of fundamentals of the mechanical and materials aspects of microelectronic assemblies is desired.
- Knowledge of converting CAD data into equipment translatable programs is desired.
- Familiarity with the Military/Aerospace Manufacturing Industry is desired.
- Knowledge of SAP, APRISO, JIRA, Microsoft Office is beneficial.
- Knowledge of MRSI, Palomar, Hesse Mechatronics, Delvotec equipment is beneficial.
- Knowledge of industrial engineering and related industry best practices would be a plus.
- Knowledge of machine-to-machine integration and machine-to-ERP communication is desired.
- Lean Six Sigma is a plus.
Other Important Information You Should KnowExpression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Telecommute: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4×10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.