At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Radar Systems Engineering within the Mission Systems Engineering Center of Excellence (COE) is seeking a candidate to support the design, analysis, and requirements verification of legacy radar systems and high performance Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar systems. The successful candidate will have strong analytic and communication skills and work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment. Occasional travel may be required.
The Radar Systems Engineer will:
- Apply advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts to develop revolutionary system solutions.
- Perform functional analysis, design trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Develop models and detailed simulations to assess system performance.
- Support integration and test, evaluate test results, investigate discrepancies, provide technical assessment of anomalies, and drive issues to resolution.
- Conduct system verification and support certification activities.
- Represent the organization on contracts and interface with internal and external customers, program and senior leadership, and multidisciplinary engineering teams on significant technical matters.
- Qualified candidate must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance. Obtaining a security clearance requires US citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics or equivalent.
- Functional knowledge of Radar Systems and Electronic Warfare capabilities.
- High proficiency in C++, Matlab, or Python.
- U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain or maintain a DoD Secret level clearance.
Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- radar control algorithms;
- modeling and simulation;
- experiencewith predictive data filtering techniques (e.g. Kalman filters);
- experience in Signal Processing, image processing techniques, and modeling signal processing operations.
- Experience performing trades studies, requirements development – analysis, derivation, allocation, and documentation, engineering design and development, software development processes and Systems and software modeling.
- Familiarity with design, tools and environments for radar systems and subsystems for performance analysis and modeling.
- Familiarity with computer architectures and algorithm development for a range of system/subsystem applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with comfort working on geographically diverse teams.
- Strong communication skills, (written and verbal).
- Able to work independently or as a member of a team.
Other Important Information You Should Know
- Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
- Telecommute: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.
- Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
- Schedule for this Position: 9×80 every other Friday off
- Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
- Clearance Level: Secret
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
JOB ID: 539407BR