Your Mission is Ours
Lockheed Martin is looking for a System Administrator to provide System Administrator operations and maintenance support for Darkwing supported systems.
In this role you will:
• Focus on the continuous monitoring of the systems (i.e. daily system checks, user account management, use of system monitoring tools, and configuration management).
• Work closely with customers who seek system status and solutions.
• Work with other System Technicians who work in the field onsite and offsite (a team of System Administrators is available from two operational locations for additional support).
• Be responsible for the day to day operations of systems and hardware to include the installation of new servers and the ability to rebuild existing servers.
• Configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, system back-ups, anti-virus updates, etc. in accordance with program requirements (this also includes related infrastructure requirements as necessary).
• Review system logs to identify potential problem areas and get them resolved before bigger problems arise.
• Provide all operating system and anti-virus updates.
• Participate in technical research and development to support new work coming in and for hardware end of life replacement.
• Assist the engineering team with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases as new projects as they come in (these activities may include technical strategy, research & development and designing to a project life-cycle).
• Support an on-call duty rotation for after-hours support as needed (some nights and weekend work may be involved).
Typically has 5 – 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Active TS/SCI clearance with current adjudicated polygraph.
• Experience with Windows 2016 Server, Windows 10 Operating Systems.
• Windows Active Directory and DNS experience
• Anti-Virus Updates experience
• Good troubleshooting skill sets
• Good problem resolution skills
• Can perform tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to support documentation updates
• General network knowledge Windows system administration
• Virtual machine experience
• UNIX/LINUX experience
• Familiarization with ICD 503 Security Requirements
• 5yrs related experience
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: Standard Monday to Friday 40 hour work week
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Design and Verification