As a global security and aerospace company, the majority of Lockheed Martin's business is with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. federal government agencies. In addition, Sikorsky (a Lockheed Martin Company) provides military and rotary-wing aircraft to all five branches of the U.S. armed forces along with military services and commercial operators in 40 nations. The remaining portion of Lockheed Martin's business is comprised of international government and commercial sales of products, services and platforms.
Description: As a Senior Applications Engineer with a focus in Robotics, the candidate will play a lead role on the core automation team in executing Lockheed Martin MFC’s robotic automation strategy, to include full life cycle “cradle to grave” development in implementing cutting-edge robotic automation applications. Candidate will be responsible for executing electrical, robotic, & automation applications, while also ensuring all procured and/or modified equipment is compliant with applicable industry safety standards.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education
- Proficient in least one CAD package, preferably CREO
- Demonstrated expertise with programming and maintaining PLCs
- Experience with industrial and collaborative robotic systems
- This facility requires special access and therefore all candidates must be a US Citizen.
- Comfortable with hands on assembly of mechanical components and electronics, soldering boards, & wiring connectors
- Familiar with machine vision applications and use of vision systems within robotics applications
- Knowledge of functional safety systems for industrial controls
- Working knowledge of electrical schematics for debugging purposes; especially for industrial control systems
- Proficient in Wiring Diagram, PLC, HMI troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to understand and improve operational processes
- Practice with Industry Traditional automated systems: Fanuc iRVision, Cognex, Keyence
- Comprehensive knowledge of Fanuc, ABB, UR, or Motoman robotics programming and cell integration
- Working knowledge of robotic and automated equipment interfaces to PLC controls
- Experience leading teams through commissioning and configuration of software/hardware of robotic arms
- Good oral and written communication skills – will be expected to provide status reports to cross-functional team and train other engineers
- Excellent project tracking and detailed planning skills
- Experience implementing robot automation and electromechanical equipment procurement projects to include specification development, supplier selection, technical reviews, installation, and qualification of equipment
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Telecommute: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4×10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Clearance Level: None
Relocation Available: Possible
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.