We are Loft. Our goal is to make space simple, affordable, and timely. Loft delivers the data customers want from space, whether it starts with their payload or an idea for a dataset. Loft has designed flexible satellite platform and operations module for multiple, varying instruments to reduce the time of satellite development, divide the launch and operations cost, and deliver high quality data to the customer. We are building a future where the cost and complexity of satellite programs are no longer barriers to accessing the benefits of space-based data. We are globally-minded, and obsessed with delivering true value to our customers. Our people have a track record of rising to the occasion and carrying projects from start to finish under intense pressure. We are endlessly passionate about our work and we are hell bent on creating a revolutionary new model for accessing space, and building the most diverse constellation in history. Join us at Loft to make space easier done than said.
About Loft Orbital
Our unique business model is redefining how businesses and governments access space and use it to collect information and intelligence about the world. We have grown our customer base quickly and have our first two first satellite missions launching in 2020. Soon after, we will reach a cadence of quarterly launches.
Following our recent $13M Series A funding round, we set up a European office in Toulouse in order to develop key technologies such as a digital platform for better designing, integrating, and operating satellites in orbit.
As a member of the new R&D center in Toulouse and of the Payload Data Processing Unit (PDPU) team, you will be helping build technology that empowers our customers to process payload data onboard Loft’s satellite
missions. With this ‘edge computing in space’ capability, Loft’s customers can react in real time to the data collected by their payload.
Since high flexibility and versatility play an important role, the PDPU is software-centric and supports on-ground and in-space re-programmability. Loft Orbital will be utilizing the latest technology available for the PDPU, which includes a mix of existing and next-generation component and processor technology.
- Scrappy and inventive: what you will be building has never been done before.
- Prepared to be challenged and sometimes work out of your comfort zone.
- Willingness to be accountable, autonomous, and take full ownership of projects.
- Preferably experience with software/firmware developed for safety-critical applications or software developed for aerospace
Awareness and understanding of mission-critical systems and related software impact
- A preference for agile yet process-controlled software development
- Ability to code and document (wherever possible electronically and in-line) in a structured way
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Ability to learn and adopt to new technologies
- Demonstrable history of thinking outside-the-box, without losing sight of reality
- Experience working in both a Windows and Linux environment
- Understanding of space electronics and specific (technology) constraints in development and deployment
- Extensive experience with VHDL and/or VERLOG
- Experience in working with Rad-hard or Rad-tolerant FPGAs and SoC devices
- Experience with SEU mitigation mechanisms
- In-depth knowledge of development environments such as: Libero, Vivado
- Affection with upcoming technologies for FPGA development using OpenCL / C++ / Automatic Code
- Experience with IP cores for interfacing and communication
- Experience in structured code development incl. test benching, simulation and code coverage
- JTAG programming / debugging
- Preferably past experience in embedded or space hardware development