Loft Orbital - Affordable and reliable access to space infrastructure. Space missions today remain complex, costly, and prone to delay. Loft Orbital is changing that.
About Loft Orbital
Loft Orbital was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices in Boulder, Colorado and Toulouse, France. Our mission is to make space simple for our customers: we operate microsatellites and fly customer payloads onboard, as a service. Our standard interface and software products reduce the complexity and shorten the lead time our customers typically face in deploying assets in orbit.
Our unique business model is redefining how businesses and governments access space and use it to collect information and intelligence about the world. We have grown our customer base quickly and have our first two first satellite missions launching in 2021. Soon after, we will offer a regular cadence of quarterly launches. Following our recent $13M Series A funding round, we established a European office in Toulouse to develop key technologies such as a digital platform for better designing, integrating, and operating satellites in orbit.
As a member of the new R&D center in Toulouse you will be in charge of building and managing the deployment of micro-services stacks. You will also develop custom tools and configurations to ease the development and deployment phases (in a DevOps spirit). This will serve as a foundation for developing a large range of applications to smooth and optimise the different phases of satellite engineering.
- Experience on AWS and GCP Cloud providers
- Experience orchestrating micro-services on Kubernetes
- Comfortable with Docker containers on each phases (build, run, debug)
- Ability to design smart automatic pipelines for continuous deployment
- Version control (git) and continuous integration tools (GitLab CI, Helm, Terraform, Kaniko, …)
- Database setup, deployment and management skills (PostgreSQL, Redis, …)
- Ability to manage/debug Unix systems through cli
- Ability to understand developers needs to create custom tools
- Comfortable with at least one programming language among python, c++, golang, typescript
Nice skills to have
- Networking skills (TCP/UDP, IP, proxy, VPN, …)
- Database horizontal scaling
- Test driven development
- Used to working with DevOps methods
- Git trunk based workflow