Affordable and reliable access to space infrastructure. Space missions today remain complex, costly, and prone to delay. Loft Orbital is changing that.
What you will do in this role
- Cultivate relationships with stakeholders in the civil and defense European communities, ranging from key program offices, senior leaders, and principal investigators
- Evangelize Loft’s products and services and help Loft become a household name within these communities
- Build and maintain a pipeline of opportunities to fly payloads for government customers in Europe: evaluate, shape, and lead Loft’s pursuits of these opportunities, with a strong focus on institutional customer including CNES, ESA, and defense customers
- Lead proposal efforts, working with Loft’s mission engineering and product teams to craft white papers and RFP responses
- Establish partnerships with other industry players to secure access to customers and capabilities that are strategic to Loft
- Gain a deep understanding of customer requirements to feed into Loft’s product strategy and roadmapping
- Prior experience working in space- or satellite-focused business development, sales, acquisition or procurement either for a commercial company or government organization.
- Deep intimacy with the European Space Agency ecosystem, and with several civil and defense customers in Europe
- Understanding of government contracting and budgeting processes.
- Prior experience working collaboratively to develop space-based solutions with government end-users
- Fluency in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible on location. Preference for Toulouse, can be Paris or another location based on candidate.
- Expected travel: 20%
- Plus: Prior experience in a business development or sales role in which you sold space systems to European institutional customers
- Plus: intimacy with the French institutional ecosystem