The fastest path to space
Loft Orbital provides the fastest and simplest path to orbit for organizations that require information from space. We operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle the entire mission from initial concept through in-orbit operations. This service is powered by our hardware and software products that enable any payload to fly on a standard satellite, reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: their payload and their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career. With a wave of exciting customer traction, we are scaling up our team quickly across our software, hardware, and aerospace teams and within our three offices located in San Francisco, CA; Golden, CO; and Toulouse, France.
As a member of the new R&D center in Toulouse and of the Payload Data Processing Unit (PDPU) team, you will be helping build technology that empowers our customers to process payload data onboard Loft’s satellite missions. With this ‘edge computing in space’ capability, Loft’s customers can react in real time to the data collected by their payload.
Since high flexibility and versatility play an important role, the PDPU is software-centric and supports on-ground and in-space re-programmability. Loft Orbital will be utilizing the latest technology available for the PDPU, which includes a mix of existing and next-generation component and processor technology.
- Scrappy and inventive: what you will be building has never been done before
• Prepared to be challenged and sometimes work out of your comfort zone
• Willingness to be accountable, autonomous, and take full ownership of projects
• Preferably experience with software/firmware developed for safety-critical applications or software
developed for aerospace
• Awareness and understanding of mission-critical systems and related software impact
• A preference for agile yet process-controlled software development
• Ability to code and document (wherever possible electronically and in-line) in a structured way
• Ability to work both independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Ability to learn and adopt to new technologies
• Demonstrable history of thinking outside-the-box, without losing sight of reality
• Experience working in Linux environment
Embedded Software Experience
- Extensive experience in C and C++ and preferably one other structured language (non-scripted)
- Expertise with linux kernel , device driver and BSP development , bootloader , user space
- Experience in tool chain kernel compilation
- Experience with local and remote debugging concepts and tools (gdb)
- Experience in developing software for RTOS and embedded applications
- Experience with hardware interfacing
- In-depth knowledge of different processor technologies such as: ARM, PPC, LEON, OpenRISC, SoC
- Affection with upcoming processor technologies such as GPGPU / MPPs
- Preferably knowledge and understanding of MPP/GPU processors and related development (CUDA /
- Preferably experience with hypervisor and/or container virtualization techniques
- Preferably experience with Single Event Upset (SEU) mitigation mechanisms
- Preferably experience with Real Time Operating System (RTOS) and time-critical software